God&Einstein: Religion vs Science

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science

Post by faazshift on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:14 pm
([msg=31625]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

FreakFish wrote:also im a big fan of the book of morman! some guy pulled a couple of gold plates out the ground (which nobody ever saw) and read what was written on them out in smoe foreign language twice. and come on if everybody had been doing things wrong before then and all going to hell because of it, thats a pretty big fail on gods part for not intervening for almost two thousand years...

Seems like a bit of misunderstanding. There were two sets of witnesses: a set of three, and a set of eight. They saw the plates and, though some fell into personal apostasy, never denied what they saw (their testimonies are at the beginning of the book). And Joseph Smith translated the words on the plates through the power of God (he himself was highly uneducated and incapable of writing such a record himself, as can easily be seen by reading his personal journals).

The Great Apostasy happened because after the Savior established his church, it eventually became corrupted. People started making unauthorized changes to the gospel, priesthood, and church organization. Because of this widespread apostasy, the Lord withdrew the authority of the priesthood from the earth, and it lasted until it was again restored in these latter-days. The gospel and its authority were restored by God, the father, and his son Jesus Christ, through Joseph Smith, never to be taken from the earth again.

Those who didn't have the opportunity to learn of the gospel in this life will not be sent to hell because of it. They will be taught the gospel after this life and given the opportunity to accept it. They certainly wont be punished for their lack of ability.

FreakFish wrote:you should look up the end of the world cult, watch the documentary about it on youtube. because you only have that view in your head, you are blind to others. just look at the people in those videos, look at their eyes. they have been totally brainwashed.

I, for one, have not been brainwashed. I have searched out the truth and come to know that what I believe is true. My church is against blindly believing. We are constantly encouraged to find out for ourselves whether things are true, through the confirmation of the Holy Ghost.

FreakFish wrote:on a final note, a few years ago my dad said to me that somebody with no guilt or empathy is evil. for about a year now ive had such mental control over myself that i can completely remove guilt and empathy from myself, almost all feeling in fact, as well as ignore pain. i can do quite literally anything i can do physically. it makes me feel powerful. isnt that dangerous you might be asking? well, im smart and logical enough not to do anything stupid, and i do what is best for me. but im not restrained by the things that normal people are, and i like it. tell me, does that make me evil? am i the human ebodiment of satan or what?

You are certainly not anything like satan. If your saying you have gone beyond feeling and removed emotion from yourself, I think its somewhat sad, but certainly not evil.
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by IncandescentLight on Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:21 pm
([msg=31626]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

The words of 'God' are obviously being taken too literally. Just because a few old men dressed in robes declare the 'truth', we blindly follow it. Also, most of us are BORN into religion, inherited from our parents, not to follow what we would have if given the freedom.

If 'God' were true, why would the men who were 'God's representative on Earth' order crusades and Jihads? Is it to kill or wipe out another's faith? Gain lands?

Also, what kind of 'God' would proclaim that whoever did not follow 'His' teachings would be banished to Hell? Nearly every person who tried to convert me preached this.

When I was a young boy I was alienated in school because I did not have a religion. I was threatened with Hell, and even the teachers who were supposed to be unbiased were spreading propaganda of their religion. Is this how 'He' would have likened it to be :?:
Speak softly and carry a big stick -Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.rhetoricalcatch.blogspot.com
IncandescentLight
Poster
Poster

Post by Etelerix on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:27 am
([msg=31628]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!!
Etelerix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Goatboy on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:04 pm
([msg=31668]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

Etelerix wrote:All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!!

This
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by sanddbox on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:17 pm
([msg=31673]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:

This

No! The invisible pink unicorn rules all!

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Goatboy on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:34 pm
([msg=31676]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
Goatboy wrote:

This

No! The invisible pink unicorn rules all!

Infidel! I am going to wage war against you and kill all who believe in the false Pink Unicorn! Long live the One True God: Flying Spaghetti Monster!

/me writes Holy Book
/me waits 2000 years
/me lols at people actually believing this s***
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by FreakFish on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:41 pm
([msg=31683]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:Infidel! I am going to wage war against you and kill all who believe in the false Pink Unicorn! Long live the One True God: Flying Spaghetti Monster!

/me writes Holy Book
/me waits 2000 years
/me lols at people actually believing this s***

yes! i shall join this crusade!

no, i havent removed emotion from myself. but i can when i want to.
goatboy you asked for questions so heres one: whats up with satan then?
FreakFish
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:46 pm
([msg=31684]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

FreakFish wrote:goatboy you asked for questions so heres one: whats up with satan then?

Can you elaborate please?
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by donod on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:36 pm
([msg=31721]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

IncandescentLight wrote:If 'God' were true, why would the men who were 'God's representative on Earth' order crusades and Jihads? Is it to kill or wipe out another's faith? Gain lands?
exception made of the catholic pope nobody claims to be the representative of god
but some people claims to be "devine" like the dalai lama
When I was a young boy I was alienated in school because I did not have a religion. I was threatened with Hell, and even the teachers who were supposed to be unbiased were spreading propaganda of their religion.
well the same exist for the atheists schools or in mixed schools
Is this how 'He' would have likened it to be :?:

did you see him to say that ?
who did alienate you ? god or some sectarian people ?

again sorry for bad english
donod
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:56 pm
([msg=31722]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

donod wrote:
IncandescentLight wrote:If 'God' were true, why would the men who were 'God's representative on Earth' order crusades and Jihads? Is it to kill or wipe out another's faith? Gain lands?
exception made of the catholic pope nobody claims to be the representative of god
but some people claims to be "devine" like the dalai lama
When I was a young boy I was alienated in school because I did not have a religion. I was threatened with Hell, and even the teachers who were supposed to be unbiased were spreading propaganda of their religion.
well the same exist for the atheists schools or in mixed schools
Is this how 'He' would have likened it to be :?:

did you see him to say that ?
who did alienate you ? god or some sectarian people ?

again sorry for bad english

HAHAHAHA

Atheist schools!

Good one!

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert