God&Einstein: Religion vs Science

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science

Post by donod on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:32 pm
([msg=31478]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

faazshift wrote:Well, heres how I believe it. The godhead, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, are 3 separate beings. The three form the godhead, but we have one God (our Heavenly Father). They are just united in purpose. I too don't understand how some find the godhead to be a single trinity. A single being with multiple personality disorder seems a bit unrealistic.

i never heard a christian saying some thing like it , what is your church ?

ps : sorry for my bad english as it is not my motherlanguage :?
donod
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by faazshift on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:20 pm
([msg=31479]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

donod wrote:
faazshift wrote:Well, heres how I believe it. The godhead, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, are 3 separate beings. The three form the godhead, but we have one God (our Heavenly Father). They are just united in purpose. I too don't understand how some find the godhead to be a single trinity. A single being with multiple personality disorder seems a bit unrealistic.

i never heard a christian saying some thing like it , what is your church ?

ps : sorry for my bad english as it is not my motherlanguage :?

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka mormons). That is not to be confused with the RLDS, FLDS, Church of Christ, et. al. They have their own strange contorted ideas. My church is a restoration of the previous church (New Testimate times), which fell into apostasy. We also believe in another book, the Book of Mormon (another testament of of Jesus Christ, complimenting the Bible), as well as modern revelation from God. Thanks for asking!

-- Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:25 pm --

Goatboy wrote:
faazshift wrote:They are just united in purpose. I too don't understand how some find the godhead as a single trinity. A single being with multiple personality disorder seems a bit unrealistic.

So the talking snake and walking on water make sense to you, but somehow the idea of a single God comprised of three separate parts is perplexing?

Basically, yes. I have studied it out and it makes the most sense. If God created all things, and has infinite knowledge and power, don't you think that simple matter alteration/control would be a trivial task for him?
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Goatboy on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 pm
([msg=31492]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

faazshift wrote:Basically, yes. I have studied it out and it makes the most sense. If God created all things, and has infinite knowledge and power, don't you think that simple matter alteration/control would be a trivial task for him?

Uhh, yea. That's why I asked about-

Actually, nvm. I was going to say something but it wasn't constructive.

Speaking of which, I want this discussion to actually be that - a discussion instead of an argument - so I'm wondering if you have any questions of me. So far I've been the one asking a lot of questions (and you've made a lot of good points, regardless of my beliefs) and I can only assume you have some as well.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by neuromanta on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:27 am
([msg=31503]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

faazshift wrote:@neuromanta:

I fully respect your beliefs, but in my church we believe God to be a perfected being, and the being which we were formed after. We, however, were given these imperfect mortal bodies to learn, gain experience, and develop godly attributes. We believe that, as one of our leaders once said, "as man now is, God once was. as God now is, man may become". I know it may be difficult for some to accept these beliefs, but I know with certainty that this is true.

That is what I was talking about too. I didn't say that humans are gods. I just said that humans have the ability to Create. So, everyone has the ability to shape his own reality, to form his own fate. It's not god, who makes people suffer. Everyone who suffers can change his own life, if he wants it truly. This is what the christans refer to as free will.
This is identical to the projecting theology in hinduism. In the hindu holy book called Védák (sorry, I don't know it in english, but maybe you can help me out, you certainly know about it), Brahman creates the world by projecting it from inside himself. This is what people do all the time. Everyone's reality represents his own thoughts, his own inner world. Psychology knows about this too, the symptom called projecting.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by sanddbox on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:40 am
([msg=31504]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:
faazshift wrote:@neuromanta:

I fully respect your beliefs, but in my church we believe God to be a perfected being, and the being which we were formed after. We, however, were given these imperfect mortal bodies to learn, gain experience, and develop godly attributes. We believe that, as one of our leaders once said, "as man now is, God once was. as God now is, man may become". I know it may be difficult for some to accept these beliefs, but I know with certainty that this is true.

That is what I was talking about too. I didn't say that humans are gods. I just said that humans have the ability to Create. So, everyone has the ability to shape his own reality, to form his own fate. It's not god, who makes people suffer. Everyone who suffers can change his own life, if he wants it truly. This is what the christans refer to as free will.
This is identical to the projecting theology in hinduism. In the hindu holy book called Védák (sorry, I don't know it in english, but maybe you can help me out, you certainly know about it), Brahman creates the world by projecting it from inside himself. This is what people do all the time. Everyone's reality represents his own thoughts, his own inner world. Psychology knows about this too, the symptom called projecting.

I just want to say that I also think cows are awesome.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by donod on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 pm
([msg=31514]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:That is what I was talking about too. I didn't say that humans are gods. I just said that humans have the ability to Create. So, everyone has the ability to shape his own reality, to form his own fate. It's not god, who makes people suffer. Everyone who suffers can change his own life, if he wants it truly. This is what the christans refer to as free will.

maybe is it called "vedas" ?

what your are saying means that if you are rich it is due to your will to be rich ?
and the same for the ones who want to be poor ?

it has nothing to do with free will , free will means you have the ability to believe or not and choosing to believe wont give you extra gold :)

maybe i didnt interprete your writings as it should be , feel free to correct me :!:
donod
New User
New User

Post by neuromanta on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:27 am
([msg=31541]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

donod wrote:
neuromanta wrote:That is what I was talking about too. I didn't say that humans are gods. I just said that humans have the ability to Create. So, everyone has the ability to shape his own reality, to form his own fate. It's not god, who makes people suffer. Everyone who suffers can change his own life, if he wants it truly. This is what the christans refer to as free will.

what your are saying means that if you are rich it is due to your will to be rich ?

it has nothing to do with free will , free will means you have the ability to believe or not and choosing to believe wont give you extra gold :)

maybe i didnt interprete your writings as it should be , feel free to correct me :!:

Basicly you got it right what I ment. Someone who is rich, is rich because in his mind he is rich. So in his mind, he sees himself as a rich man, and that image is projected into reality. Same way, someone who is poor sees himself as a poor man. That's why he is poor. This is where the will comes in. If someone is poor, but wants to be rich, he has to think of himself as a rich man, and sooner or later, he will become one. This is of course not an easy thing to do. But this rule applies to not just money, but everything. This is what projecting means in the "vedas" (thanks for the tip, I think that's it ;) ).
By free will I refered to this. In my opinion, free will means responsibility for our own state. That it is not god, who decides what happens to us. I'm not christian, so if I misunderstood the meaning of it by the christian dogmas, I'm sorry.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by donod on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:42 am
([msg=31548]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

neuromanta wrote: If someone is poor, but wants to be rich, he has to think of himself as a rich man, and sooner or later, he will become one.

do you think it is sooooooooooo easy ?
dont you think a child who is born in a rich family will become rich because "he has the good mind" or because mommy and daddy has given his some help ?
everyone want to be rich but just a few are
donod
New User
New User

Post by faazshift on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:44 am
([msg=31552]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:In my opinion, free will means responsibility for our own state. That it is not god, who decides what happens to us. I'm not christian, so if I misunderstood the meaning of it by the christian dogmas, I'm sorry.

Well, agency would be "the privilege of choice which was introduced by God the Eternal Father to all of his spirit children". He does not choose for us, we are allowed to choose for ourselves.
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FreakFish on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:14 pm
([msg=31624]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:
donod wrote:

Basicly you got it right what I ment. Someone who is rich, is rich because in his mind he is rich. So in his mind, he sees himself as a rich man, and that image is projected into reality. Same way, someone who is poor sees himself as a poor man. That's why he is poor. This is where the will comes in. If someone is poor, but wants to be rich, he has to think of himself as a rich man, and sooner or later, he will become one. This is of course not an easy thing to do. But this rule applies to not just money, but everything. This is what projecting means in the "vedas" (thanks for the tip, I think that's it ;) ).
By free will I refered to this. In my opinion, free will means responsibility for our own state. That it is not god, who decides what happens to us. I'm not christian, so if I misunderstood the meaning of it by the christian dogmas, I'm sorry.

someone who is rich is rich because in his mind he is rich huh? doesnt seem to work that way with anorexics. in their minds they are fat, when in reality theres less fat in them than a japanese newspaper.

also im a big fan of the book of morman! some guy pulled a couple of gold plates out the ground (which nobody ever saw) and read what was written on them out in smoe foreign language twice. and come on if everybody had been doing things wrong before then and all going to hell because of it, thats a pretty big fail on gods part for not intervening for almost two thousand years...

you should look up the end of the world cult, watch the documentary about it on youtube. because you only have that view in your head, you are blind to others. just look at the people in those videos, look at their eyes. they have been totally brainwashed.

on a final note, a few years ago my dad said to me that somebody with no guilt or empathy is evil. for about a year now ive had such mental control over myself that i can completely remove guilt and empathy from myself, almost all feeling in fact, as well as ignore pain. i can do quite literally anything i can do physically. it makes me feel powerful. isnt that dangerous you might be asking? well, im smart and logical enough not to do anything stupid, and i do what is best for me. but im not restrained by the things that normal people are, and i like it. tell me, does that make me evil? am i the human ebodiment of satan or what?
FreakFish
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics