The nature of god

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

The nature of god

Post by Vlox on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:44 pm
([msg=29899]see The nature of god[/msg])

as the nature of man changes so does the nature of god to reflect mans decision

what do you think of this statement?
=The Means Accuse But The Results Excuse =MACHEOVELLIE=
Vlox
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The nature of god

Post by sanddbox on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:57 pm
([msg=29902]see Re: The nature of god[/msg])

I think religious philosophy is for assholes.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by cilpolir on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:35 pm
([msg=29946]see Re: The nature of god[/msg])

isn't the human shaped similar to god? so wouldn't the nature of humans change similar to the one of god(excusses for my wrong spelling)
cilpolir
Poster
Poster

Post by Spe-edS on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:30 pm
([msg=29953]see Re: The nature of god[/msg])

god doesn't exists, so don't worry about it.
-Special Needs
Spe-edS
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Vlox on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:16 pm
([msg=30106]see Re: The nature of god[/msg])

Sanddbox : regardless of your opinion of religious philosphy i asked for your opinion on the quote and not for insults

Cilpolir: your thinking of the christian veiw of god, as christians beleive man was made in gods image, but imagin this, the interpritation of god, is set by the person interpreting, Man creates god of their own image and their own personality of god, what good whould a personal god do?

Spe-eds: if god doesnt exist then how do you exist? if the big bang theory happened then what caused it ? what came befor it? the only logical answers is nothing! but then how did this universe get created? their must have been something that caused the creation!! but since i can not prove it then i can not prove you wrong !!!!
=The Means Accuse But The Results Excuse =MACHEOVELLIE=
Vlox
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by cilpolir on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:08 am
([msg=30120]see Re: The nature of god[/msg])

Vlox wrote:
Cilpolir: your thinking of the christian veiw of god, as christians beleive man was made in gods image, but imagin this, the interpritation of god, is set by the person interpreting, Man creates god of their own image and their own personality of god, what good whould a personal god do?
honestly i really don't know the answer on that:P but what do you think of your own statement?
cilpolir
Poster
Poster

Post by Prynisher on Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:51 pm
([msg=30760]see Re: The nature of god[/msg])

You can not prove nor disprove God. Personally i am an Atheist, but proving that god does not exist is impossible. No matter what discoveries we find in this world, not matter how many times the bible contradicts itself (or any other religious objects for that matter) we cannot prove God is not real. Because if god created this world he would be above it, no matter how much this world and everything in it says its impossible it wont matter, because an almighty being would be capable of creating an impossible paradox, right? Thats just my two cents, even if i think religion is bullshit.

And i believe i got sorta off-topic there, to answer your question with what i think: God is created by man, and thus resembles human nature. God feels compassion, love, joy and so on. Why would a almighty being have feelings like these? Or feelings like anger for that matter.

-- Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:59 pm --

You can not prove nor disprove God. Personally i am an Atheist, but proving that god does not exist is impossible. No matter what discoveries we find in this world, not matter how many times the bible contradicts itself (or any other religious objects for that matter) we cannot prove God is not real. Because if god created this world he would be above it, no matter how much this world and everything in it says its impossible it wont matter, because an almighty being would be capable of creating an impossible paradox, right? Thats just my two cents, even if i think religion is bullshit.

And i believe i got sorta off-topic there, to answer your question with what i think: God is created by man, and thus resembles human nature. God feels compassion, love, joy and so on. Why would a almighty being have feelings like these? Or feelings like anger for that matter.
Prynisher
New User
New User

Post by Philosophae on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:30 pm
([msg=32389]see Re: The nature of god[/msg])

cilpolir wrote:
Vlox wrote:
honestly i really don't know the answer on that:P but what do you think of your own statement?

Well, if you think of religions as a mean to raise a population, then a personal God is a must. If you think about it every religions used its civilization of origins as a basis for its Laws(morality). Every moral is base on the quality(good) and default(evil) of a specific development of the homo sapient, thus a religion is a way to educate a civilization by encouraging its qualities while discouraging its defaults. Thus there is no inherent morality in men, when a religions tries to impose itself on an other civilization then it has to impose its qualities and default, creating a replica, which is the reason we feel the christian morality is a part of us, since we have slowly for two thousand years incorporated (no antisemitism intended) Jews values.
Philosophae
New User
New User

Post by turbo420 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:00 pm
([msg=32391]see Re: The nature of god[/msg])

My two cents:

I am a Christian, I also believe in evolution to an extent, with one problem. If each feature of nature is created out of genetic defects that give an advantage spaced across billions of years, how did the eye form? Merely one mutation would give no advantage. More over, the eye doesn't function without nearly all of the extremely complicated pieces intact. So why would a species carry a genetic trait that gave no advantage, and why would this trait be more prominent? It is hard to swallow that something that did not give an advantage would be preferred for billions of years through breeding until all the eye was able to be formed through just the right combination of genetic defects. Also, the jump between sea creatures that were only able to tell light and dark to the eye that can find edges, contrast, color, movement, and works dependently with parts of the brain is a little hard to explain without accepting that God handles these things as he sees fit.
turbo420
New User
New User

Post by DamegedSpy on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:37 pm
([msg=32411]see Re: The nature of god[/msg])

1.- God MAY exist.
2.- I am a science guy. I believe that all can be explain with science (and maths).
3.- I a open to all ideas/theories/explanations/etc. While you can sustain your words.

If you don't understand something, DON'T make shit up.
DamegedSpy
Poster
Poster

Next

Return to Ethics