IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 29, 2008 8:28 pm
([msg=3611]see Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?[/msg])

but man makes mistakes i think organized religion is the real problem
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Skittatles on Fri May 30, 2008 4:35 pm
([msg=3764]see Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?[/msg])

I'd change Politics. If you removed ignorance from the mix, Society wouldn't be society. It'd be Eden. And quite frankly, I don't think I could live with that.
Skittatles
New User
New User

Post by LORD-ICON on Fri May 30, 2008 4:45 pm
([msg=3765]see Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?[/msg])

simply really remove god from the plegde and our money
LORD-ICON
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Fri May 30, 2008 11:31 pm
([msg=3793]see Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?[/msg])

I love it lets start a motion
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by puddin482 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:40 pm
([msg=3926]see Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?[/msg])

andemont wrote:I wwould change lots of things but the first one would be racism, second one would be that the people should be more oppen to new things and not to stick with the old thingd because as is well said, changing is evolutionationg in some way. and the third one i would change is religion, religion and different languages is the two things that made this world be so horrible and painful; if you think about it the only major wars in history were fought over religion, and you people cant even imagine how many people died thats why i wisht there was only one religion and one language were we could all leave in peace and not kill people over oil, territory or religion.

I'd say the same thing but... only having one religion, I don't know. I say thats fine and it creates diversity. But really your first change "no racism" should take care of that by itself making your last request Null of logistics when if there is no racism the last change would not be necessary ((I just repeated myself accidentally)I'd fix it but I'm lazy) ... :mrgreen:
puddin482
New User
New User

Post by jetbackwards on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:48 pm
([msg=3927]see Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?[/msg])

i would like for politics to be based on evidence, not beliefs...

it's the science vs. religion debate of the 21st century - can we trust politicians who reject the mountain of evidence for scientific theories in favour of religion?

religion definitely has a valuable place in society... though how many wars have root causes in religious beliefs? if religion and politics were separated, then a more peaceful world might be attainable...
jetbackwards
New User
New User

Post by PC_MAGAS on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:34 pm
([msg=4138]see Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?[/msg])

Guys all u said r good except from some things:
First religion is not society's drug the bad thing is that some people r fanatically religious and that make them to stay away from it.
Second religion and schience studies different things the religion studies WHO and WHU the universe made and shience HOW the universe made.
Okay
PC_MAGAS IS O VASILEUS OF COMPUTERS
BUT FOR WOMEN I'M THE FAIRYTALE'S PRINCE
PC_MAGAS
New User
New User

Post by Inferno96 on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:46 am
([msg=4175]see Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?[/msg])

People kill people because they are people--it has nothing to do with religion. Largely recognized groups--whether they be a race, a social status, or a philosophy--can always be looked at as a 'reason' for violence because they are rooted in everything and people are always trying to categorize everything--they have to label a discrete cause for an action. The real reason is because some people are malicious evil people. It's not religion, it's not race, it's nothing but humans being terrible humans.

If there was one thing I could change it would be to instill a sense of humbleness in the world. The lack of humbleness is what causes us to not listen with open ears to our fellow man, and creates large distortions of reality. This includes myself.
Inferno96
New User
New User

Post by OneArrow on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:27 pm
([msg=4714]see Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?[/msg])

Inferno96 wrote:People kill people because they are people--it has nothing to do with religion.

While I agree that it is simply nature taking its course, surely we can find better excuses to fight than for the glory of deities that are supposedly omnibenevolent.

If there was one thing I could change it would be to instill a sense of humbleness in the world. The lack of humbleness is what causes us to not listen with open ears to our fellow man, and creates large distortions of reality. This includes myself.

[/agree]

If humility were the norm (as opposed to arrogance or self-defeatist attitudes), I would imagine it would follow that the reigning mentality on learning would be "Everyone else knows something that I don't." From that, we might also see the end of ignorance.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by dfran1991 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:31 pm
([msg=4718]see Re: IF YOU CANGE STH NOWDAYS WHAT IT SOULD BE?[/msg])

vladiftodi wrote:change the fact that you can't change society XD

Good point...
dfran1991
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics