Animals and Humans

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Animals and Humans

Post by Microelite7711 on Fri May 28, 2010 1:48 am
([msg=39193]see Re: Animals and Humans[/msg])

Your getting to deep.

1. Are intelligence does make us better then animals.
2. "Is it simply because we have guns, and they don't?" Sort of. We have guns because of superior intellect and even if all the animals in the world were supplied with an abundance of guns, only a very small percentage of the animals would know how to fire them (probably the primates...) and even a smaller amount would know how to accurately aim them. We'd be superior at handling them, so that's another dent...
3. The idea of superiority arose by the reality that we have been superior before we had self-realization of our superiority. Just like Lions instinctively know they are superior then... I don't know, deer or whatever.
4. "Where is the balance? The nature?" I can tell you if give your definition of the balance and nature in the context your using it in.
5. The instinct is all there. The hunt: That's why we go hunting... The chase: That's what we do when were hunting, weather it be for an animal or a stupid asshole down the road. The fight-or-flight: Well, if a big ass dude came up to your wanting to kick your ass for no reason, your fight-or-flight instinct is going to kick in.., The kill or be killed: People die all the time by murderers cause the didn't kill and visa-versa... Survival of the Fittest: Sports...
6. Were at the top of natural order, and we did create this chain through our developments and superior intellect. I mean, if we all lived like monkeys then Tigers would be superior hunters. Us humans are superior in almost everything now though. Flying, swimming, learning, hunting; this being with the use of boats, jets, guns, brains!

There are times when you can be to deep. Philosophy isn't about how deep you can go, it' more about how easily you can explain complex understandings through use of common sense, rationalization, and reality. It's not that neither, but it's better then going so deep that it's just annoying and repetitive. Plus going really deep can make you look dumb when it's unnecessary...
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Animals and Humans

Post by clrkbar on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:44 am
([msg=39756]see Re: Animals and Humans[/msg])

Humans have one primary difference from all animals: we are made of spirit (soul) and flesh. Animals: just flesh, along with instinct, thoughts, and feelings (but that's not soul). Some people call it the "divine spark" that can be seen in all humans. All humans, like it or not, are created in the image of God. That doesn't just mean physical appearance, thought. It means we all feel the same emotions and experience the same heartaches and have the same basic desires.

I find it hilarious that scientists actually argue that we are descended from monkeys. I guess if they have no sense of pride or self-worth, they can descend back to monkeys if they want. I however certainly feel as though I am quite different and much more important than a monkey.
clrkbar
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Animals and Humans

Post by neuromanta on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:01 am
([msg=39758]see Re: Animals and Humans[/msg])

clrkbar wrote:Humans have one primary difference from all animals: we are made of spirit (soul) and flesh. Animals: just flesh, along with instinct, thoughts, and feelings (but that's not soul). Some people call it the "divine spark" that can be seen in all humans. All humans, like it or not, are created in the image of God. That doesn't just mean physical appearance, thought. It means we all feel the same emotions and experience the same heartaches and have the same basic desires.

I find it hilarious that scientists actually argue that we are descended from monkeys. I guess if they have no sense of pride or self-worth, they can descend back to monkeys if they want. I however certainly feel as though I am quite different and much more important than a monkey.


Congrats... you are the enbodyment of someone, who loves god, but hates nature... even though they are the same.

However, I agree with you, that animals don't have the divine spark, but humans have (with which humans have the ability to Create). But, it can't be denied, that our body is descendant of an animal (not from a monkey, it's just that we have a similar physical ancestor with monkeys). You. like almost all religious people, misinterpret the Bible (and on top of that, the only religious book you know is the Bible, judging from what you say...).
User avatar
neuromanta
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:29 am
Location: Hungary
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Animals and Humans

Post by Goatboy on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:48 am
([msg=39763]see Re: Animals and Humans[/msg])

Microelite7711 wrote:Your getting to deep.

1. Are intelligence does make us better then animals.

Oh God the irony hurts.

Though I do agree with you on the "getting too deep" part. People who say they are philosophical and then go off about how you can't really know anything... They piss me off. Case in point, this song by Tim Minchin. I love it.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
User avatar
Goatboy
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Animals and Humans

Post by clrkbar on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:17 pm
([msg=39779]see Re: Animals and Humans[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:Congrats... you are the enbodyment of someone, who loves god, but hates nature... even though they are the same.

However, I agree with you, that animals don't have the divine spark, but humans have (with which humans have the ability to Create). But, it can't be denied, that our body is descendant of an animal (not from a monkey, it's just that we have a similar physical ancestor with monkeys). You. like almost all religious people, misinterpret the Bible (and on top of that, the only religious book you know is the Bible, judging from what you say...).


I never said I hate nature at all. Yes, we do have animal-like bodies, i agree.

How am I misinterpreting the Bible? And correction, I am not religious. I just search for Truth. Religion is man-made.
What other "religious" books are you thinking of? Just wondering.
clrkbar
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Animals and Humans

Post by sanddbox on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 pm
([msg=39810]see Re: Animals and Humans[/msg])

clrkbar wrote:
neuromanta wrote:Congrats... you are the enbodyment of someone, who loves god, but hates nature... even though they are the same.

However, I agree with you, that animals don't have the divine spark, but humans have (with which humans have the ability to Create). But, it can't be denied, that our body is descendant of an animal (not from a monkey, it's just that we have a similar physical ancestor with monkeys). You. like almost all religious people, misinterpret the Bible (and on top of that, the only religious book you know is the Bible, judging from what you say...).


I never said I hate nature at all. Yes, we do have animal-like bodies, i agree.

How am I misinterpreting the Bible? And correction, I am not religious. I just search for Truth. Religion is man-made.
What other "religious" books are you thinking of? Just wondering.


Beavers create dams. Birds created nests. We're not the only ones with the ability to create (and by the way capitalizing random words like Create and Truth just makes you look like a dumbass). Also, you use commas improperly. That is all.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Animals and Humans

Post by clrkbar on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:19 pm
([msg=39812]see Re: Animals and Humans[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Beavers create dams. Birds created nests. We're not the only ones with the ability to create (and by the way capitalizing random words like Create and Truth just makes you look like a dumbass). Also, you use commas improperly. That is all.

Oh, well thanks. I always capitalize Truth when I am referring to what is real and not my opinion or relative truth.

And don't worry. I know how to use commas correctly. I didn't think perfect grammar was necessary in forums, but, if it bothers you, I'll be grammatically correct.
clrkbar
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Animals and Humans

Post by sanddbox on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:26 pm
([msg=39816]see Re: Animals and Humans[/msg])

clrkbar wrote:I didn't think perfect grammar was necessary in forums, but, if it bothers you, I'll be grammatically correct.


It's always necessary in forums. Otherwise, we'll descend upon you like hordes of rabid dogs.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Animals and Humans

Post by Goatboy on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:18 pm
([msg=39831]see Re: Animals and Humans[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:It's always necessary in forums. Otherwise, we'll descend upon you like hordes of rabid dogs.

It would look something like this:

Image

Hint: You're the chicken.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
User avatar
Goatboy
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Animals and Humans

Post by clrkbar on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:48 am
([msg=39852]see Re: Animals and Humans[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:
sanddbox wrote:It's always necessary in forums. Otherwise, we'll descend upon you like hordes of rabid dogs.

It would look something like this:

Image

Hint: You're the chicken.


Then I suppose you are the little dog....
clrkbar
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Ethics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests