Child Custody

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

How Should Child Custody Be Handled?

Decided In Court By Judge
29%
Decided By Parents
No votes
Decided By Psychiatrist
14%
Decided By Child
29%
Whoever Wins The Poker Game Keeps The Kid
29%

Total votes : 7

Child Custody

Post by Charlieace on Thu May 28, 2009 8:28 pm
([msg=24562]see Child Custody[/msg])

When a married couple is divorced and they have kids, one parent or another gets custody or there is a variation between both parents.

As of now, the custody of the child is presented in court, and is decided by law which parent the child has.

But what do you think? Is it fine now? Should there be changes? Should we decide in poker? Please explain your response, and hopefully I didn't offend anyone who has divorced parents.
GET ME OUT OF AMERICA! MOVE ME TO IRELAND! IT LOOKS COOL THERE!

"In a world where stupidity has become the normal, it is better to be strange."

The Internet is my classroom.

Silence is the enemy.
Charlieace
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Child Custody

Post by zenithSmil3 on Thu May 28, 2009 10:13 pm
([msg=24565]see Re: Child Custody[/msg])

Because there are so many different scenarios, you can't just pick one I think. I suppose the choice depends on what exactly happened to get the family in that position in the first place.
Meh.
zenithSmil3
Poster
Poster

Re: Child Custody

Post by aNewHobby4me on Fri May 29, 2009 8:11 am
([msg=24574]see Re: Child Custody[/msg])

Disclaimer: My parents were never divorced, nor did I have children at the time of my divorce, I have no first-hand knowledge of the child custody problem. This is just my opinion.

Having said that, I voted for the judge. My reasoning is that the parents of a child are legally and morally responsible for the care of that child, and should put aside their own differences and decide what is best for the child first, then what is best for the parents second.

If the two people that (supposedly) care most for the child cannot come to an accord, then a neutral third party should decide what is best for the child. Yes, the judge should consider the input from all the people on the poll (excluding the poker player one :P), but the sole purpose of child custody is what is best for the child, and not a spite-fest between a divorcing couple.
"To understand recursion you must first understand recursion."
aNewHobby4me
Poster
Poster

Return to Ethics