Hacking Law for Forums

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Hacking Law for Forums

Post by Darkfox07 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:58 pm
([msg=19759]see Hacking Law for Forums[/msg])

Could anyone shed a little light on how to protect oneself as a -forum operator- with sensitive information as to possible information pertaining to hacking/social engineering methods?
Who is the copyright holder for the HTS terms of service? How could I go about contacting him/her?

Any help in this matter would be -greatly- appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
~Darkfox
Darkfox07
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hacking Law for Forums

Post by godofcereal on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:13 pm
([msg=19761]see Re: Hacking Law for Forums[/msg])

Why do you want to contact the forum admin? You are not allowed to pm staff without them saying you can.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Darkfox07 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:42 pm
([msg=19772]see Re: Hacking Law for Forums[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:Why do you want to contact the forum admin? You are not allowed to pm staff without them saying you can.

Maybe you missed the meaning. I implied that I am the operator of a similar private forum with contents similar to hackthissite. I was hoping for tips on keeping myself safe from legal persecution or a way I could get copyright permissions from the copyright holder of the hackthissite terms of service and use.
Darkfox07
New User
New User

Post by Andomis on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:22 pm
([msg=19774]see Re: Hacking Law for Forums[/msg])

I am not sure, I would just wait for a Red or Green (Administrative groups) reply- they are fairly active on these forums. If some time does pass and you are still wondering, or have questions then I would suggest sending a message to any of the administrators listed on HTS's main page\meet the staff page.

godofcereal wrote:Why do you want to contact the forum admin? You are not allowed to pm staff without them saying you can.

Technically you can private message anyone- it is up to them to reply.

Best of luck

Alive,
Andomis
"I'm choking on that four letter word, it sticks in my throat as i read the words YOU wrote..."
Andomis
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by godofcereal on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:47 am
([msg=19788]see Re: Hacking Law for Forums[/msg])

/\/\ there are different admins for different things, and just one for the forum. And I havent seen him on in a good while. You might want to try catch him on the IRC.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Defience on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:21 am
([msg=19804]see Re: Hacking Law for Forums[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:/\/\ there are different admins for different things, and just one for the forum. And I havent seen him on in a good while. You might want to try catch him on the IRC.

Yes....and those of us that light up as green are moderators on hts and don't have access to that anyway...best bet is IRC
p.s. godofcereal: Are you following me :mrgreen:
Defience
Addict
Addict

Return to Ethics