Abortions

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Do you think Abortion is wrong?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:13 am

Im Pro-choice (no)
8
44%
Im Pro-Life (yes) ]
6
33%
Who cares
4
22%
 
Total votes : 18

Re: Abortions

Post by blackwolf77 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:16 pm
([msg=17165]see Re: Abortions[/msg])

Wheeeeeew we have hit the biggest issue here havent we? That was a bloody lot to read you know. Well heres what I think anyways...
Abortion is not in the hands of the man it is and always will be a womans choice. If your a guy and bitching about how the child deserves a chance to live no matter what consider this. Girl who gets pregnant is not ready. Now if she has the baby and gives it up there could be some serious psychological reprocussions there so they could also keep the baby. If there are in high school or college theyre lives are pretty much ruined. If they are out of college and trying to start a career theyre in trouble. So to puut it bluntly im pro choice and believe its in the hands of the woman
"Remember, no matter how good at something you are, there's almost always a 10 year old Asian kid who's better at it than you are."
blackwolf77
New User
New User
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: USA
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Abortions

Post by sidebottom on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:33 pm
([msg=17167]see Re: Abortions[/msg])

Nines wrote:However, I'm at the age where a few of my friends are starting families of their own and the attachment to their children is more than words can describe. I think that putting a child up for adoption because of social inconvenience would stir up massive psychological damage because of mother/father-child separation on the parents part. I can't imagine having a child with a girl and then deciding someone else should bring it up... I'd want a say in it, but it wouldn't be anything to do with me.


Oh boy, you really didn't think before writing that did you? You say that the children mean more than words can describe but you say that it is better to KILL a child that is an inconvenience to you rather than let someone raise it who maybe can't have kids and would give it a wonderful life and love it unconditionally? You're seriously saying that there would be MORE psychological damage done to a person if the child was born and living a good life rather than if the child was ripped out of the mothers womb with forceps, stabbed in the base of the skull with scissors, then killed by having their brains sucked out with a small vacuum, then disposed of like a piece of trash? Seriously? That makes absolutely no sense...

Nines wrote:An early fetus can't think, it's unconscious and unknowing and if in the event that a father/mother isn't in a position to provide the absolute best they can for the child, then they shouldn't have it and the pregnancy should be terminated.


First of all, a fetus most certainly can think. When you are asleep at night you are unconscious and unknowing....so you're basically on the same level as fetus and could be aborted?

What percentage of mothers and fathers are really "in a position to provide the absolute best they can for [their] child..."? 5% maybe?

Besides, there are plenty of means of contraceptives. And as I already said, you had the CHOICE to have a baby when you CHOSE to have sex or not. If you gamble and lose then take responsibility for your choices and actions. But I guess that is what America is all about now, huh? No responsibility for your actions or the choices you made. That is the reason why all the banks are in trouble; people don't want to take responsibility for the excessive loans they took out, banks don't want to take responsibility for giving out loans to people who can never pay them back and the government doesn't want to take responsibility for forcing banks to take bad loans. So we just magically print $2,000,000,000,000 or so and it all goes away, right? Ah sorry, that's a discussion for another topic...

I also agree 100% with Andomis about MEN having the right to choose as well. I think it is sexist that women only get the right to choose.

And for closing, I'll again ask the question WHEN IS A PERSON GRANTED THE RIGHT TO LIVE?
sidebottom
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Abortions

Post by The_Computer_Wizard on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:09 pm
([msg=17171]see Re: Abortions[/msg])

in my oppinion its every womans right

while i wouldnt personally recommend it, who the hell am i to say "no, you should go through 9 months of pain, birth a child you might not be able to take care of, if you cant take care of it put it up for adoption where it may be neglected, starved or even beaten"

abortion should be legal, if you dont like it protest it as much as you want, but dont try and get it turned illegal. If you disagree with it, try and educate women, tell them the problems with it. But for those who still want it, they should be able to get it
Image
User avatar
The_Computer_Wizard
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 9:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Abortions

Post by Dredric1 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:55 pm
([msg=17303]see Re: Abortions[/msg])

There is no reason to have an abortion. Here is my defense of this statement:
Argument #1(of the opposition): There are more health risks for childbirth than abortion.
My Response: According to the official website of Community Pregnancy Centers, these are the health risks for abortion: Hemorrhage (Lots of bleeding! Potentially life threatening), [bInfection[/b] (Could prevent you from ever becoming pregnant again), perforation (basically, they accidentally stab through your uterus, not fun! Can require major surgery to repair), Scarring (your uterus is scarred, and once again, you may not ever be able to become pregnant), Breast Cancer (Cancer!), and last but not least, Death.

Argument #2: It is less emotionally scarring for me to have an abortion, then to put my child up for adoption.
My Response: Excuse Me? Less emotionally scarring for YOU? But anyway, the above statement is simply not true. If you give your child up for adoption, you can imagine the nice, loving family they are living with. If you have an abortion, you can spend the rest of your life wondering if you killed your baby (who might have been the next Einstein) and what they would have looked like if they lived.

Argument #3: It was an accident, I'm not ready and I need a quick way out.
My Response: I'm sorry to say, but if you're pregnant it is 100% your fault, unless you were raped. There are very effective contraceptives available everywhere, obviously, you just weren't responsible enough to take advantage of them. Abortion is just one more example of how NOT to take responsibility for your actions, but believe me, not matter your choice you will pay. If you're not a monster, you WILL have feelings of guilt, (not to mention suicidal thoughts, sexual dysfunction and problems in future relationships) or so says the Community Pregnancy Center.

Argument #4: It is less emotionally scarring for the child to be aborted than to have to grow up knowing that their parents gave them up for adoption.
My Response: Even if a fetus is not a person, it still has the potential to be a person. I don’t know about you, but I would rather be an emotionally scarred adopted child than never have a life at all. Though the child COULD be scarred emotionally, most adopted children get over the whole issue quite quickly.
the code for the void exception between the ear brackets
Code: Select all
public static }void(exception x = new exception(null)){

ok my brackets dont realy look like ears.
if you didnt get that it means there is nothing(no brains) between your ears.
User avatar
Dredric1
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Abortions

Post by sidebottom on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:20 am
([msg=17356]see Re: Abortions[/msg])

Well said, Dredric1. I would be interested to see the direct pro-death rebuttals of these 4 arguments.
sidebottom
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Abortions

Post by The_Computer_Wizard on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:42 pm
([msg=17467]see Re: Abortions[/msg])

Dredric1 wrote:There is no reason to have an abortion. Here is my defense of this statement:
Argument #1(of the opposition): There are more health risks for childbirth than abortion.
My Response: According to the official website of Community Pregnancy Centers, these are the health risks for abortion: Hemorrhage (Lots of bleeding! Potentially life threatening), [bInfection[/b] (Could prevent you from ever becoming pregnant again), perforation (basically, they accidentally stab through your uterus, not fun! Can require major surgery to repair), Scarring (your uterus is scarred, and once again, you may not ever be able to become pregnant), Breast Cancer (Cancer!), and last but not least, Death.

I agree with this statement, but at the same time, they kind of equal out. Every one of those can happen during child birth/c-section so its not really a valid argument
Dredric1 wrote:Argument #2: It is less emotionally scarring for me to have an abortion, then to put my child up for adoption.
My Response: Excuse Me? Less emotionally scarring for YOU? But anyway, the above statement is simply not true. If you give your child up for adoption, you can imagine the nice, loving family they are living with. If you have an abortion, you can spend the rest of your life wondering if you killed your baby (who might have been the next Einstein) and what they would have looked like if they lived.

you're looking at this at an ideal. If you could guarentee that all adopted parents go to loving families, but we all see on the news and media every day children that are neglected, beaten, starved
who are you to say "well that wont happen to that kid" when statistically speaking it will to some. Now is that better than aborting is your own oppinion. Granted abortion can be selfish, but each case should be judged on its own merit, and that would be up to the mother. Let her decide

Dredric1 wrote:Argument #3: It was an accident, I'm not ready and I need a quick way out.
My Response: I'm sorry to say, but if you're pregnant it is 100% your fault, unless you were raped. There are very effective contraceptives available everywhere, obviously, you just weren't responsible enough to take advantage of them. Abortion is just one more example of how NOT to take responsibility for your actions, but believe me, not matter your choice you will pay. If you're not a monster, you WILL have feelings of guilt, (not to mention suicidal thoughts, sexual dysfunction and problems in future relationships) or so says the Community Pregnancy Center.

Not everything in life is that clear cut and simple. For example your thing about contraceptives, I'm not sure if you know anyone who was raped, or know anything about the psycology of a rape victim. But most times they become closed off. They were dominated and feel helpless. Doing ANYTHING that would acknowledge the rape happening hurts too much, not to mention a majority of rape victims fear no one will believe them, or think of them as a slut. Thus large amounts dont report it/get any kind of treatment until MUCH later. Also not all contraceptives are 100% effective, so even someone who does take it might still get pregnant. Also getting an abortion is no easy decision, and its not a way to escape responsibility for your actions. You even state yourself that it will stay with them for the rest of their lives, however some feel that it is better than the alternatives. Also not everyone who gets an abortion has suicidal thoughts or sexual dysfunction or even problems in future relationships, that is a gross overdramatization. I believe if all possibilities are weighed and explored that a mother can have an abortion with no psycological side effects.

Dredric1 wrote:Argument #4: It is less emotionally scarring for the child to be aborted than to have to grow up knowing that their parents gave them up for adoption.
My Response: Even if a fetus is not a person, it still has the potential to be a person. I don’t know about you, but I would rather be an emotionally scarred adopted child than never have a life at all. Though the child COULD be scarred emotionally, most adopted children get over the whole issue quite quickly.

[/quote]
no real argument there
but i dont think its strong enough to get rid of abortions, there are too many other factors that can outweigh this
Image
User avatar
The_Computer_Wizard
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 9:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Previous

Return to Ethics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests