School Systems

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: School Systems

Post by Friktionazed on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:30 am
([msg=21880]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

Well... i was an admin in my school XD but it was removed next week, well i can do it as many times as i whant
Friktionazed
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by morganrl on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:30 pm
([msg=31476]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

Our school is strict about computer use, but their security is fairly flawed. It's actually quite easy to get to the main servers and all the secondary servers. However even if you do get to them the user security prevents access and read/write permissions.

We used to be able to get to the student folders by following the network path on the shared drive. i.e. folder of \\sever\dir\dir\dir. But that got patched up quickly.

The school internet access is restricted with dan's guardian (http://dansguardian.org/)

It's still got a few flaws though. Like script extensions are blocked (.vbs, .bat etc.) but a php include statement will allow for the code to be displayed in the browser.

Most security hole are patched within a few weeks of a student discovering them.

-- Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:34 am --

Mentalikryst wrote:(they blocked google for like a month last year though, they didn't know they could just block video.google.com, so they blocked google.com).

Our school has blocked google images. so we go google.com/images because only images.google.com is blocked.

Also dose anyone know how to get TightVNC to display its password
morganrl
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:54 pm
([msg=31480]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

sidebottom wrote:Hacking an other's computer without explicit consent is a violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and is illegal as well as immoral. This site does not support nor condone such activities.

Discussing activities like this is not illegal. Please don't clutter the forums with robotic recitations of the law.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by IncandescentLight on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:14 pm
([msg=31481]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

What sandbox says is correct, as you are not requesting a person to hack into a school's network but rather discussing the security of school networks. Also, once you get into your school's router you basically control the internet and can bend your fellow student's to your will :twisted:
Speak softly and carry a big stick -Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.rhetoricalcatch.blogspot.com
IncandescentLight
Poster
Poster

Post by sanddbox on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:56 pm
([msg=31482]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

Also, I don't want to discourage people from telling noobs asking for people to haxxorz their myspace that we don't condone illegal activities.

I do want to discourage people from censoring a discussion because the information in it can be used for malicious or illegal purposes.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by DamegedSpy on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:22 pm
([msg=32220]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

Technically schools are good to make you a good employee. That's their reasone to live.

However, what the world need are employers. Persons who make revolutions. Advance technology. Make goods, not consume them.

:| I really hate school. So I only go, make what I have to do the best that I can (Like if I had something else to do :x ). Then in my house do what I want. Between them be here and research about computers and hackers (Real ones)
DamegedSpy
Poster
Poster

Post by ILL SLAUGHTER U on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:21 pm
([msg=32569]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

the bee wrote:I was at my school and it just so happens they didnt blok batch files so i made cmd in a batch and gaind access to all the users connected to the comp i was useing! :!:

lmao that is pretty sad. im new to hacking and not to bright but i think i can realize how silly it is they dont block batches. im gonna youtube it rofl
ILL SLAUGHTER U
New User
New User

Post by kid a on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:17 pm
([msg=33621]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

I go to what is considered around my part of the woods as a good, well respected high school. At school I sit around for eight hours a day and I don't learn shit, because none of the teachers know the material in the first place. I don't think that It's fair that someone gets to tell me that I have to go to school or else a truancy officer is going to show up at my door. It's not like if I don't go to school I going to become a criminal and get addicted to crack like they say happens to bad kids who skip school. I mean I've never had a teacher who actually taught grammar beyond basic punctuation and capitalization. So I have no problem with someone who would want to cheat a system like that. It doesn't matter anyways because the government doesn't really have jurisdiction over you to begin with so them forcing you to go to school is a crime. As long as your not doing anything malicious I don't see what is unethical about it. And honestly it is more impressive than getting a's the normal way.
kid a
New User
New User

Post by insomaniacal on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:42 pm
([msg=33625]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

I understand that you're probably going through the "school is pointless" thought-process, but you're wrong. If nothing else, school teaches you how to learn, and as a by-product, how to think past the normal boundaries. Of course, it's important to understand that they may try to impose other boundaries, but it's just important to think for yourself when that happens. That's not saying it's all fun, there's been times at school when I'm bored as fuck and spent class periods doodling. Of course, we obviously go to different schools, so one person's experience isn't one that can be applied globally.

Regardless, the thread revolves around hacking into school systems rather than discussing the the actual educational system.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by kid a on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:51 pm
([msg=33628]see Re: School Systems[/msg])

insomaniacal wrote:I understand that you're probably going through the "school is pointless" thought-process, but you're wrong. If nothing else, school teaches you how to learn, and as a by-product, how to think past the normal boundaries. Of course, it's important to understand that they may try to impose other boundaries, but it's just important to think for yourself when that happens. That's not saying it's all fun, there's been times at school when I'm bored as fuck and spent class periods doodling. Of course, we obviously go to different schools, so one person's experience isn't one that can be applied globally.

Regardless, the thread revolves around hacking into school systems rather than discussing the the actual educational system.

I definitely don't think school is pointless, I would love school were it run properly, and I think education is the most important thing in the world. But at my school a lot of the teachers literally do not teach. Sorry if that was off topic but I thought It would help explain my view on the ethics of the matter.
kid a
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics