Abstinence Education: What's your view?

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Abstinence Education: What's your view?

Post by coldghost213 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:48 am
([msg=6683]see Abstinence Education: What's your view?[/msg])

I seen teachers, read books, and heard from people (who gives reasoning for god which is based on religious views and not practical) talk all the time when I was in junior high about the use of abstinence and how condoms could fail and other false information in order to prevent teen pregnancy (which hasn't really helped much hasn't it considering United States is NINE times higher teen pregnancy than Netherlands (who supports sex with protection by providing easy information and safe-sex tools)).

Obviously from here, you can tell I hate abstinence education, even though it's not stopping me lolz.

Opinions?
coldghost213
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Abstinence Education: What's your view?

Post by OneArrow on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:58 am
([msg=6744]see Re: Abstinence Education: What's your view?[/msg])

Those who push for abstinence-only education are just breaking themselves against the tide of nature. While it is true that abstinence is the only 100% effective method of eliminating the associated risks (and people should be aware of this alternative), stifling sexual behavior is not only unhealthy, but unrealistic. Shaking your finger at someone isn't going to eliminate human nature. Educate, and allow individuals to make informed decisions, because at the end of the day, the decision is theirs anyway.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Politics