Anti-Cybercrime Law of the Philippines (RA 10175)

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Anti-Cybercrime Law of the Philippines (RA 10175)

Post by milorivera10 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:22 am
([msg=69846]see Anti-Cybercrime Law of the Philippines (RA 10175)[/msg])

Greetings fellow "Cybercrime Criminals":

Just recently, September 13, 2012, the President of the Republic of the Philippines enacted the Anti-Cybercrime Law of the Philippines or Philippine RA 10175, effective on October 3. The Cyber-crime law penalizes file-sharing and freedom of expression among others (as simple "libel" can be a criminal act penalizing you up to six years in prison. Here, we consider this harsher than CISPA and SOPA, as this is broader and more vague when it comes to penalties and guidelines. You can get in prison up to twelve (12)years. Worse, our local investigative bureau can record your traffic even without court orders.

Here is the copy:
http://www.yugatech.com/news/anti-cybercrime-bill-now-a-law-criminalizes-bashing/

I hope that our fellowmen / comrades here in hackthissite.org can help us in stopping the law, as we already got to our Supreme Court for appeals, but none in our government who made this law turned it down.

I am speaking in behalf of the ordinary citizens and netizens of the Philippines.

Sincerely Yours,
milorivera10
milorivera10
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Anti-Cybercrime Law of the Philippines (RA 10175)

Post by not_essence2 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:48 pm
([msg=70540]see Re: Anti-Cybercrime Law of the Philippines (RA 10175)[/msg])

One, I'm pretty sure HTS doesn't condone illegal activities, so unless "Cybercrime Criminals" was a pun to be derived from said law, it would be inaccurate to an extent. But anyways, that sounds exactly like a Third World-type law. Right now, they need social order more than they need individualistic freedom, so I can't blame them. When they become a First World state, they'll get more and more pressed about freedoms.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Politics