The Girl that silenced the world for 5 minutes.

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

The Girl that silenced the world for 5 minutes.

Post by footyfrak on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:38 pm
([msg=67795]see The Girl that silenced the world for 5 minutes.[/msg])

This is talk of Severn Cullis Suzuki at United Nations (Rio De Janeiro 1992). Its short - 6 minutes.

Link to speech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPx5r35Aymc

What you think about this speech?

After so many years of washing my brain with TV lies and nonsense this speech was relief for me. She said much more in 7 minutes then TV for 10 years.

I hope that people will change and that the world will unite. I hope that there will not be countries, nationalities and wars, and that the world will really behave like a one single organism towards one single goal. And I just hope that one day united mankind will start a space odyssey.

But I am afraid that there are not many people that are hoping for the same things.
footyfrak
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Girl that silenced the world for 5 minutes.

Post by mShred on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:15 pm
([msg=67799]see Re: The Girl that silenced the world for 5 minutes.[/msg])

Well actually... If you look up globalization, you'll find there're actually a lot of shizz on the topic. A lot of debates, a lot of ideas and a lot movements. Though it's a very broad, controversial topic, there's a lot to look into and it could be the start of something like what you were describing. Globalization can range from anything dealing with strengthening economic ties to using Facebook as a means to unite countries citizens.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by footyfrak on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:24 pm
([msg=67860]see Re: The Girl that silenced the world for 5 minutes.[/msg])

Yes, you are right.

But, let's see what happens. In last 65 years (from the end of the ww2), especially in last 20 years we have globalizing of the world. But really it is Americanization. That is not unification of the world. It is Americanization by all means.

Today we have 3 global super states. US (including EU, NATO), Russia (successor of the ex-Soviet Union) and China (They are also the only countries with ICBM nuclear weapons). Almost all other countries are in control by the US. Those that are not under US control suffer enormous political, economic and military pressures so sooner or later they will fall under the control of the US.

When I put US in same group with EU - of course they are not the same countries but their politics and aims are the same and they are working together to achieve those same aims. At a higher level we can say that the same people rule EU and US. The only difference is in Makeup that is visible to us and for what we think that they are different independent states.

Because all that I am an anti-globalist just like the creator of HTS. From the end of WW2 all wars in the world include US or NATO or a sister state from the same group. But at the first place it is United States. It is approximately 65 years of continuous warfare of the United States. For what? For peace on earth? For the better of us all? For our freedom?

It is interesting how they managed to convince people that we must fight, that we must go to war for our freedom. People believe in paradoxes, into two mutually exclusive things. How does one create peace with the war??? Intimidate people on television so people begin to believe that their lives were endangered and they need to defend homeland, that they should support wars. Even when all these wars are on the other side of the planet, people still think that is good, that we need to defend our freedom. Mass media is simply convince a man to think that war is a good thing. Incredibly.

Unification of the world must be based on free choice and not the law of the stronger. I do not see anyone from government officials to talk about uniting the world and especially not on a space odyssey.
footyfrak
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:08 pm
([msg=67863]see Re: The Girl that silenced the world for 5 minutes.[/msg])

First of all.. It wouldn't be Americanization if Russia and China aren't America. Most people would call it Westernization. And even by that, it isn't necessarily west, that it is technology. You seem to have a funny way of thinking things. Without our 'americanization', you prolly wouldn't be on this site right now.
I'm gonna take what you said in your other post and rearrange it to make you realize that you're just a complete hypocrite. So here it is.
If you hate so many things involving Amercia, why don't you come here and fight us yourself?

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by footyfrak on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:37 pm
([msg=67871]see Re: The Girl that silenced the world for 5 minutes.[/msg])

Man, I think you understood me wrong.

Why should I fight you??? :) :D

Do not place hypothetical things. Like, if Jesus was not born there would be no Christianity or that Hitler was killed in the right time there would not be WW2 or if there were no Germans at the first place :D .

You certainly do not understand what it means to not take sides and consciously observe, describe and criticize global policy. I'm sorry if you felt insulted that I criticize U.S. policy it was not my goal. I am not criticizing you, and I do not understand why you felt insulted enough to invite me to fight, with you. If America is constantly at war half a century leaving ruins wherever the U.S. passed the boot I must mention that it is a uncivilized act. If China doing so, I will tell the same for China. I don't have problem with that. If you don't like the truth that is your problem.

Yes, true. You can call it westernization, globalization, americanization, modernization... And there is no consensus about definition of used term. Behind all the process of globalization is hidden war between the super states in which America has a leadership. If China had the lead we would now be Buddhists and speak Chinese, watch Chinese movies and listened to Chinese music and we would probably believe that China is fighting and making wars everywhere for our freedom, for peace on earth and for the benefit of all. But this is not the case. I'm not talking about hypothetical things, but current events.

And of course China and ex-Soviet Union got their pressures on others in last 50 years. They are all the same, they all running the same war, they are all part of it. And when I'm talking about U.S. or China of course I'm not thinking of people in that countries. I don't blame some worker for war in the middle east who works from 9 to 5 trying to feed his family. I blame government and people who are behind government (who actually control the country, these are people who are not elected in the elections and who do not master a certain period, these are the real rulers). It would be the same like someone blame the entire Muslim world for terrorism just because Bin Laden was Muslim. It has nothing to do with the people who live in the state. Nation is like any other nation - people work, work, work and paying taxes. The only difference is in the name of the nation. One nation is China nation, another ones are American,France,Italian and other nations. All the essentially the same. Who has not really understand that really knows nothing.
footyfrak
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:42 pm
([msg=67872]see Re: The Girl that silenced the world for 5 minutes.[/msg])

Hm. Good points. I feel you and I could go back and forth all day long about many things.. I'm curious to see what other people have to say about the topic though.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by anarchy420x on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:07 am
([msg=67882]see Re: The Girl that silenced the world for 5 minutes.[/msg])

footyfreak, you seem to jump to conclusions without leaving us a trail of thought. My roommate does that to me all the time, and I call it "taking leaps of faith in logic"; it's kinda ironic.

I wouldn't call it Americanization, Westernization, or even Modernization; those terms are far too precise for what is happening. I would call it Evolutionalization (I think I just made up a word.) We are constantly progressing as a species toward something; I can't tell you what exactly, yet. However, to think that a few people or families are pulling all the strings from above the clouds is not relevant. Humanity is going to go where it wants regardless of how people with power try to lead us. They are just puppets in the greater picture, and we are the painters. Here is a link to support my statement. Michio Kaku

You have to hypothesize before you can theorize. Why shouldn't people wonder how something will happen before it happens?

MShred, I really didn't understand your second post. Can you elaborate for me? I feel like you brought a soccer ball to a football game.

To end it off, I didn't really watch the entire youtube video, nor did I enjoy it. I can get behind certain globalization idea's, but they need to be more of a logical movement as opposed to an emotional movement. I really don't care how people feel about stuff because someone is always upset. I personally like the idea's found within The Venus Project

As a slightly off topic note, I also enjoy watching the Zeitgeist Movies

I submitted this and couldn't wall away without a little trolling. Please pick a number 5, 6 or 7. It really can't be all three.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Return to Politics