Mind control through mass media???

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Re: Mind control through mass media???

Post by thetan on Fri May 07, 2010 10:52 am
([msg=38420]see Re: Mind control through mass media???[/msg])

Mass media is a joke.
-EOF-.

They're puppeteer-ed around by the economic entities that own them and the political lobbyists that represent them. Real journalism on prime time news is dead. Mass Media Journalism is no longer something worth protecting via the constitution. The news is a the worlds biggest commercial.

*SHUT UP SLAVE! YOU"L TELL THE STORY I PAY YOU TO TELL, SPIN IT THE WAY IT TELL YOU TO SPIN IT AND YOU"L FUCKING SMILE DOING IT*

The times have changed, media is foobar. With the birth of the internet, anyone with a couple minutes of free time has the potential to be a journalist, on the scene reporter and any other form of publisher. Yet we don't grant these make shift blogosphere journalists with the same rights that we do to "qualified" journalists.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/26/the-ip ... computers/

*SHUT UP SLAVE! YOU'RE NOT ON OUR PAYROLL SO YOUR NOT A TRUE JOURNALIST, GET A BETTER HOBBY FAGGOT!!!*

Don't give the media credit for being subliminal, because they're far from. The majority of the time the medias agenda is brasingly thrown out in your face countless times yet people don't care enough to dissect the news, pick up on common _memes_ of the moment proliferated by the news and do a little bit of investigative work themselves digging up facts from more canonical sources

*SHUT UP SLAVE! DON'T YOU DARE ANALYZE OUR TRUE INTENT, DON'T DENY OUR FUCKING MEMES, REPLICATE THEM YOURSELF, REMEMBER, WERE THE MINISTRY OF THE MOTHER FUCKING TRUTH AND YOUR WORTHLESS!!*

I can go on but i should really get back to work :)
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by dark50killer on Mon May 24, 2010 11:44 am
([msg=38982]see Re: Mind control through mass media???[/msg])

I would say yes and no.
Yes: if they have that engine already so its defenitly yes.
No:if they dont own it.
But i dont think its created yet ,and if it was they would use it easly to makes their plans not to plan from many many years.
if you get the point.
PS: everything is planned by US gouvernement,in other terms shadow companies.
Al Qaeda first trained camps trained by USA.
Chechen First trained Camps by USA.
Sadame husein attaque on the golf managed by USA to take their oil.
Afghanistan war made by USA.
Micheal jackson Assasination made by USA.....
Believe me its all planned
"Business is the game,you are the puppet,open your eyes befor it runs free"
dark50killer
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon May 24, 2010 1:02 pm
([msg=38985]see Re: Mind control through mass media???[/msg])

Nooooo! I don't believe it! MJ is still alive! He is living under the Superdome because he knows the gov'm'nt won't look for him there!
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by dark50killer on Mon May 24, 2010 2:27 pm
([msg=38987]see Re: Mind control through mass media???[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Nooooo! I don't believe it! MJ is still alive! He is living under the Superdome because he knows the gov'm'nt won't look for him there!

Well it could be probable BUT NO because the gouvernement made up everything why?
Because MJ has entred Islam and some one like him enter islam many people will enter it so to defend their cause
they eliminated him.
"Business is the game,you are the puppet,open your eyes befor it runs free"
dark50killer
New User
New User

Post by lord_hondros on Mon May 24, 2010 4:08 pm
([msg=38992]see Re: Mind control through mass media???[/msg])

dark50killer wrote:
fashizzlepop wrote:Nooooo! I don't believe it! MJ is still alive! He is living under the Superdome because he knows the gov'm'nt won't look for him there!

Well it could be probable BUT NO because the gouvernement made up everything why?
Because MJ has entred Islam and some one like him enter islam many people will enter it so to defend their cause
they eliminated him.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for conspiracies and whatnot, but show me proof. First, show me proof that MJ converted to Islam... Then, i might believe that the Government assassinated him
Damagedspy:
Die! Die! Die! let this thread die! This is almost 2 years old!
Stop rising the dead.
/me grabs shotgun and empties it on the thread.
lord_hondros
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon May 24, 2010 5:29 pm
([msg=38994]see Re: Mind control through mass media???[/msg])

Haha, I'm pretty sure the gov wouldn't kill him because of Islam. If he started preaching peace like Lennon then maybe... ;)
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by thetan on Tue May 25, 2010 11:02 am
([msg=39050]see Re: Mind control through mass media???[/msg])

lololololololol

You guys make me lulz in my pants.

Anyways, funny you should mention it. I was in iraq when i found out MJ died. I actually recall the whole event perfectly. I was on my way to the chow hall with my friend "Low" (yeah thats an alias, He's a UC berkeley student aspiring to go to medical school) and as we got to the chow hall the Ugandand security guard who checks our IDs broke the news to us:
Code: Select all
Me: hey mike what's going on br0
Mike: oh, bad day brother, Micheal Jackson died, i'm very sad
Me & Low: WAT!?!?!?!?

So anyways, up into this point in time Low and I have been following all the unrest in Tehran concerning the riots of the elections and the martyrdom of Neda. The event of MJs death kicked the gears on the Distractovision machine into full effect. Soon you couldn't find anything else in the news, tv, papers, etc about anything other then MJ. Me and Low however, were most notably pissed off that all coverage of Tehran grinded to a halt as the wheels of the distraction based mass media peddled their "LOOK OVER HERE!!! nothing to see here kthx" non sense. Also, it wasn't just english speaking TV. In Iraq via our friends we made on base, we had access to Turkish television networks which were all flooded with the same distractovision crap swarm.

Till this day my friend Low and i as well are convinced the death of MJ was done by some intelligence agency or another to kick the gears of distractovision into motion so the Iranian puppet show politics could commence uninterrupted without further unwanted attention.

HASTE EDIT:
OMG I FOUND GOLD!!!

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T TRUST THE MEDIA!!!!!!

Disclaimer, Ignore any opinion you may have about the following content. Instead focus on the context of everything and notice something dramatically different between the 2 sources:

Full Speech: http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-vi ... west-point << important part of focus is 9:30 - 11:00
Fox News clip: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05 ... graduates/

Notice anything different? If you didn't then watching the news probably isn't a safe activity for you to partake in.
  • The obvious difference is that Fox blatantly edited the video to censor out the applause of his announcement making it appear as if he delivered a clunker of news and also making him look like a moron.
  • The biggest and most important difference is slightly harder to pick up on. There is a second edit, one thats pretty easy to pick up visually (at least for me) in which after the absent applause it skips directly to another part of the speech entirely thus censoring a good chunk of his speech

Yeah, this isn't subliminal this is "in your face STFU ignorant slave" type shit and the news does it all the time. View take caution.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue May 25, 2010 11:29 pm
([msg=39087]see Re: Mind control through mass media???[/msg])

Interesting story br0. :) I always believed hte news censors the shit out of everything but this is great proof. Say low to High for me. I mean... Ah you know what I mean. Lol.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by VACUOUS on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:34 pm
([msg=39579]see Re: Mind control through mass media???[/msg])

Noam Chomsky does an excellent analysis of the mass media in his book/movie "Manufacturing Consent". I highly suggest anyone interested in the media's social function look it up.
VACUOUS
New User
New User

Post by OnlyHuman on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:58 pm
([msg=39586]see Re: Mind control through mass media???[/msg])

thetan's story is a big part of the problem. There's no doubt about that. But there is another, not so obvious one. Let me cover the news aspect first though, since we're already on that topic. Here's the real question. The one that gets to the heart of this thread as it pertains to the subject:

Does the news intentionally censor the truth to prevent users from hearing it, or does it candor to its target demographic?
I'm of the mindset that the answer is undoubtedly both. Anybody can see the first half of that question in action, but the second half is a little more subtle.

I had the fortune of working as a photographer for my local newspaper shortly after high school, and one of the coolest parts of the job, was that I got to write a "by-line". For those of you unfamiliar, a by-line is a one liner that ties the photograph to the main article, as well as, gives the photographer credit for the photo. It's was so cool, because the combination of the photography mixed with the by-line, gave me a chance to expose a little bit of my artistic side. Getting to the point though, one day, just before the dailies were about to be sent to the printer, a journalist was cropping one of my photos into his story. Nothing unusual there, it happened every day. But, on this day, when he got to my by-line, he started editing it. I was completely livid. I immediately stopped him, and asked, "What are you doing? What's the problem with this?"

His reply was that there were, and I quote, "too many big words in it". He then went on to say something along the lines of, "When you write something to be printed here, you have to keep your language at a sixth grade level. It's best to assume that your target audience, the people reading the paper, are either twelve, or suffer from mild mental retardation." After that day I took a much more serious look at the way the articles themselves had been constructed. And believe me, it's all there, in its ugly, you're too stupid to understand it, glory. Just take a look for yourself.

But, since we're on the subject of media in general, let's not forget things like talk shows. Ever wondered just how many commercials you can fit into a half hour of programming? You think they're only trying to get your money during those short little two minute intermissions? Then you aren't paying attention to what's being said. If you keep your ears and eyes open, you'll hear at least one name brand product being, at the very least, a minor part of the conversation, if not the main focal point of the interview. They intentionally write sketches on television shows to showcase a product that the advertising partners produce. The same is true of the radio. Just pay attention. I've got a local radio show that I hear three days out of every week in which they devote at least 15 minutes to talking about how much they love their special <INSERT BRAND-NAME HERE> beds. Beds that they openly admit were given to them by the company that made them. It has nothing to do with music. It has nothing to do with the "cause" they've "devoted" their radio show to. They're fucking beds! It's so in your face bold, that even a mildly mentally retarded sixth grader would still be able to tell it was just a freaking infomercial set to music.

But I digress, because this happens all the time. So much so, that we've just desensitized ourselves to it, and given it the cute little monikers, "household name" or "product placement". But the truth is, that it's so frequent, it's more closely related to subliminal advertising.
Last edited by OnlyHuman on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Politics