I didn't do realistic mission 3....

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....

Post by Etelerix on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:28 pm
([msg=26266]see Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....[/msg])

insomaniacal wrote:This website is here to practice hacking skills, not tell us anything about politics. Most of the political ones are really ultra biased and try to make the right wing looks like ignorant nazis, but I seriously doubt everyone here is a far left wackjob.

This is the Politics section of the forum, and anyways why does everyone label each other if they have conflicting views. This is how starts if you didn't know. One guy doesn't like what the other guy says or does so he picks up a gun and kills him. This isn't liberal vs conservative anymore, it's the people vs. the guys in suits.
Etelerix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by The7thGuest on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 am
([msg=26289]see Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....[/msg])

I think this has gone "a bit" off topic, can we please bring it back to the original, uhm, phrase?

"I just couldn't bring myself to take down the hacked site. It had more truth on it then that pussy Liberal peace site. Also, hacking and protesting war is hypocritical, you are attacking people when you hack, thus hacking = war."

Personally, I've just gone over both again and counted the amount of actual facts on them, statistically, according to my own calculation the peace site has more facts on it... But I could be wrong.
The7thGuest
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Schiz0id on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:34 am
([msg=26303]see Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....[/msg])

insomaniacal wrote: try to make the right wing looks like ignorant nazis..

Sounds accurate.
Schiz0id
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:49 pm
([msg=26364]see Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....[/msg])

Schiz0id wrote:

Sounds accurate.

Subtract the nazis part.

And no the right wing does not think bush is god, they're just making a joke.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Wootz on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:00 pm
([msg=26419]see Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....[/msg])

What does it matter what the mission's page says? I never pay attention to these things, the missions are a training tool and I use them accordingly. I'm not gonna throw a fit over some made up person's political views.
Wootz
New User
New User

Post by Schiz0id on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:24 pm
([msg=26421]see Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
Schiz0id wrote:

Sounds accurate.

Subtract the nazis part.

And no the right wing does not think bush is god, they're just making a joke.

For me it's the whole idea that the right wing is centered around "God". Which I firmly do not believe in. It's sad that Jesus is apart of our foreign policy, no wonder everyone mocks us. I wish I was Canadian.
Schiz0id
New User
New User

Post by insomaniacal on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:24 pm
([msg=26429]see Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....[/msg])

Republicans are centered around God way too much, but I wouldn't say the entire right wing is.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by Schiz0id on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:52 pm
([msg=26556]see Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....[/msg])

insomaniacal wrote:Republicans are centered around God way too much, but I wouldn't say the entire right wing is.

I guess I didn't take that into consideration. When I think right wing I think of close minded fundamentalist christians. I can't even say where I stand, every side has their flaws.
Schiz0id
New User
New User

Post by schrockblock on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:11 pm
([msg=26560]see Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....[/msg])

Paradox4000 wrote:Too hard to think up anything useful to say? Well, I need questions answered!

What questions could I ask a terrorist during interrogation to get answers? And should I bring them milk and cookies, and bow at their feet before trying to get talk to them? I don't want to be mean to these people, because all they have done is behead innocent Americans , not a big deal, right?

First, America just doesn't torture. In World War II, the Nazis trekked miles on foot in order to surrender to the Americans, because they knew they would be treated humanely. It's not a matter of being nice to terrorists, it's a matter of upholding the values America stands for. This is a great nation, and if we start torturing terrorists, we are no better than they are. If you think that we should resort to an eye for an eye, you have more in common with the terrorists than you think: look up 'Sharia Law'.

Second: “Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security.” You know who said that? Benjamin Franklin. One of the founders. So if you wanna tell me that we should give up the values America is based on because you're SCARED of some bearded guy who lives in a cave, realize that you're saying that the founders were wrong as well.

Third, even if you're willing to still say we should torture terrorists because it'll keep us safe from "evil-doers," countless studies have been done showing that torture isn't effective anyway. Here's an example:
http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/torture_doesnt_work_study.htm

Fourth, and the last of your major logical fallacies, is in assuming that the people we torture are the same ones who killed Americans, or assisted in doing so. There are several cases pending for unlawful imprisonment of US citizens who were COMPLETELY INNOCENT, and eventually released. Just because the Bush administration tortured them, doesn't mean they were guilty.

There. Your questions are answered.
schrockblock
New User
New User

Post by insomaniacal on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:49 pm
([msg=26581]see Re: I didn't do realistic mission 3....[/msg])

Torture isn't a good way of discovering information, WWII and the Nuremburg Trials proved that. Plenty of Nazi's were tortured to the point that they admitted anything they were asked to admit. No point in trying that one again.

However, friendliness and compassion are the best ways to get into someone's head. Send in an agent disguised as a fellow inmate, have him be "tortured" obviously in view of your target, have them start talking, obviously in their native language, and if there's anything to learn from them, you'll learn it in a week or so. Social Engineering FTW in my opinion.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Politics