Net Neutrality?

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Net Neutrality?

Post by Highrooken on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:55 pm
([msg=22670]see Net Neutrality?[/msg])

Yea so a buddy sent me this, basically the other night he and I were discussing how the Rothchilds are trying to push the Cyber Security Act of 2009. For all those that dont know what that is, it pretty much gives the president FULL POWER over the ENTIRE internet in the U.S during times of war. But we all know they will use it even if we are not in war..and heres another excerpt of what they want to surpass onto us.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news ... isions.ars
Highrooken
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Net Neutrality?

Post by fiftysixer on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:32 pm
([msg=22695]see Re: Net Neutrality?[/msg])

And so what exactly are you trying to say?

Yes, it's clear that we're being forced to give up what has been until now considered to be basic civil liberties, in the name of 'national security'. And now the new threats are these dangerous and elusive 'pirates' that are invading our society. But, being the good loyal citizens we are, we'll quietly accept it.

At the same time, terrorism IS a very real and very dangerous threat. We're lucky that America has only had limited exposure to it - and while I hate to admit it, I am willing to give up a certain amount of personal privacy and liberty for personal safety. If there was some kind of 'need-to-use' check on these systems, I think people would be a lot happier with it.

Something needs to be done! Now, I'm not advocating that we take to the streets and march on the White House, but calling your local lawmakers (senators, etc) wouldn't hurt. Even better - getting others to call too. Send letters, emails, phone calls, and faxes to anyone and everyone who could help.

If all else fails, find a good crypto method >.>
Big fan of Image
fiftysixer
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Politics