Info-Anarchism and Crypto-Anarchism

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Re: Info-Anarchism and Crypto-Anarchism

Post by nosidius on Sun May 17, 2009 6:44 pm
([msg=23859]see Re: Info-Anarchism and Crypto-Anarchism[/msg])

just like communism, the scale matters...... so maybe it would be best to break it down into parts, with the higher up you go the more democratic it is, based on the communist states? it would all depend on the people........ especially diversity and schools of thought, as well as the way you think (i.e. teacher and engineer have very different ideas (usually) about swearing)(lol)
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by tkdhkdmaster on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:14 pm
([msg=24782]see Re: Info-Anarchism and Crypto-Anarchism[/msg])

Charlieace wrote:Anarchism is an interesting concept. While it proposes more freedoms, it counteracts with more danger. For example:
The world has no direction or leadership, there are no laws. You walk into an abandoned store to see a package of cookies. You have not had cookies in years, and figure despite the staleness you want them. Out of the shadows another man with the same idea appears. Logically, both of you would be armed in a world of chaos, and since you both want the cookies, both draw weapons. Someone will die over COOKIES if not both, and I doubt the concept of sharing would go over too well.
However the freedom would play out something like this:
You walk into an abandoned Wal-Mart. You grab every game, game console, computer, gun, ammo pack, and all the food you can find. You're set for a long time.
The above would only work if someone else doesn't appear.

So anarchism, like every other idea of government has pros and cons. Myself, I would prefer to avoid anarchism. Just an opinion.

Just because you live in a world without laws, doesn't mean you cannot have morals and ethics. There will still be good people and bad people. People don't all do bad things just because they can.
tkdhkdmaster
New User
New User

Post by anarcha on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:52 am
([msg=25733]see Re: Info-Anarchism and Crypto-Anarchism[/msg])

Charlieace wrote:Anarchism is an interesting concept. While it proposes more freedoms, it counteracts with more danger. For example:
The world has no direction or leadership, there are no laws. You walk into an abandoned store to see a package of cookies. You have not had cookies in years, and figure despite the staleness you want them. Out of the shadows another man with the same idea appears. Logically, both of you would be armed in a world of chaos, and since you both want the cookies, both draw weapons. Someone will die over COOKIES if not both, and I doubt the concept of sharing would go over too well.
However the freedom would play out something like this:
You walk into an abandoned Wal-Mart. You grab every game, game console, computer, gun, ammo pack, and all the food you can find. You're set for a long time.
The above would only work if someone else doesn't appear.

So anarchism, like every other idea of government has pros and cons. Myself, I would prefer to avoid anarchism. Just an opinion.

This is such a ridiculous post, i am really sorry if this offends the author but seriously suggesting that this situation would arise is just laughable, your understanding of anarchism is so polluted and skewed it really is just silly.
Society tells you that you are a bad person, that you are selfish, violent and stupid and this is your nature and you can never change that. When we accept this we realise we have to bow down to our masters and our gods, they will keep our fickle silly little minds on the right path because after all we cannot look after ourselves. You are ascribing to this terrible view of yourself and its not true.
If you honestly feel that the only reason people arent killing each other over cookies (again WHAT!?) is because the filth said its wrong, then i really feel sorry for you, to have a view of the world that is so negative and so horrible must be terrible.
anarcha
New User
New User

Post by ShubNiggurath on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:59 pm
([msg=33722]see Re: Info-Anarchism and Crypto-Anarchism[/msg])

People already are constantly killing each other over finite resources, even cookies from time to time(or so I would imagine).

Most anarchists I know want relationships based on cooperation and mutual aid, instead of top down hierarchical institutions calling the shots that affect everything around us. Petty differences aside, I'd say that's a pretty good goal.

For those who need an introduction to anarchist thought, you could start by doing a bit of reading:

www.infoshop.org
www.ainfos.ca
www.crimethinc.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism
www.zinelibrary.info
ShubNiggurath
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Politics