HR. 1388 Mandatory Volunteerism, The GIVE Act.. Please Read!

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

HR. 1388 Mandatory Volunteerism, The GIVE Act.. Please Read!

Post by Dethnull on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:21 pm
([msg=20403]see HR. 1388 Mandatory Volunteerism, The GIVE Act.. Please Read![/msg])

After reading the new bill that just past congress called HR. 1388. Read here: http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h1388/text, Search for 1304 this is a list of what you can't do. If you don't want to read it here's the basics of it. The government is going to make it mandatory for everyone between the ages of 18-25 to serve at least 3-4 months in boot camp, Along with this there are a few things under section 1304 that are extremely fucked up.

Here is Section 1304: PLEASE READ THIS PART AT LEAST.
-------------------------
‘(a) Prohibited Activities- A participant in an approved national service position under this subtitle may not engage in the following activities:

‘(1) Attempting to influence legislation.

‘(2) Organizing or engaging in protests, petitions, boycotts, or strikes.

‘(3) Assisting, promoting, or deterring union organizing.

‘(4) Impairing existing contracts for services or collective bargaining agreements.

‘(5) Engaging in partisan political activities, or other activities designed to influence the outcome of an election to any public office.

‘(6) Participating in, or endorsing, events or activities that are likely to include advocacy for or against political parties, political platforms, political candidates, proposed legislation, or elected officials.

‘(7) Engaging in religious instruction, conducting worship services, providing instruction as part of a program that includes mandatory religious instruction or worship, constructing or operating facilities devoted to religious instruction or worship, maintaining facilities primarily or inherently devoted to religious instruction or worship, or engaging in any form of religious proselytization.

‘(8) Providing a direct benefit to--

‘(A) a business organized for profit;

‘(B) a labor organization;

‘(C) a partisan political organization;

‘(D) a nonprofit organization that fails to comply with the restrictions contained in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 except that nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent participants from engaging in advocacy activities undertaken at their own initiative; and

‘(E) an organization engaged in the religious activities described in paragraph (7), unless Corporation assistance is not used to support those religious activities.

‘(9) Conducting a voter registration drive or using Corporation funds to conduct a voter registration drive.

‘(10) Such other activities as the Corporation may prohibit.

‘(b) Ineligible Organizations- No assistance provided under this subtitle may be provided to the following types of organizations (including the participation of a participant in an approved national service position under this subtitle in activities conducted by such organizations) or to organizations that are co-located on the same premises as the following organizations:

‘(1) Organizations that provide or promote abortion services, including referral for such services.

‘(2) For-profit organizations, political parties, labor organizations, or organizations engaged in political or legislative advocacy.

‘(3) Organizations that have been indicted for voter fraud.

‘(c) Nondisplacement of Employed Workers or Other Volunteers- A participant in an approved national service position under this subtitle may not perform any services or duties or engage in activities which--

‘(1) would otherwise be performed by an employed worker as part of his or her assigned duties as an employee or by another volunteer who is not a participant in an approved national service position;

‘(2) will supplant the hiring of employed workers or work of such other volunteers.’.
----------------
See who voted for and against HR. 1388: http://www.opencongress.org/roll_call/show/5358

Hopefully everyone read that. Its very important to know what kinda shit they are trying to take from us now. After reading this myself I decided that I needed to reach out to as many people as I can. Even if that only means 1 person then I got somewhere. So here is a list of clips EVERYONE should watch.. Tell your friends/family/neighbours whoever you can.

Obama's Plan for The Draft- MANDATORY SERVICE everyone 18-25:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDSwyCPEsQ&feature=related

Obama Deception:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

Obama, Which One did you Vote for?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Z5KZ42GXw

Wake Up Call - New World Order Documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX_qOaZmCFM&feature=PlayList&p=F37889C74F02BF9A&index=0&playnext=1

I hope that I was able to reach out to at least 1 person. Please reply your ideas and views on these topics here. And for the record.. the above reasons are why I despise Obama , not because of the color of his skin.
Last edited by Dethnull on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dethnull
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Political Documentaries Everyone Needs To See, and HR. 1388

Post by mischief on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:32 pm
([msg=20407]see Re: Political Documentaries Everyone Needs To See, and HR. 1388[/msg])

this is very interesting, Dethnull, and very thought provoking. a quick google led me to another article that explains it with pretty good detail here.

sometimes i wish the govornment was run moreso by the people, because i really doubt a majority of the population would have passed this.
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Re: Political Documentaries Everyone Needs To See, and HR. 1388

Post by Dethnull on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 am
([msg=20445]see Re: Political Documentaries Everyone Needs To See, and HR. 1388[/msg])

I agree with you completely. But, unfortunately its not at the moment. Although there are people like for instance, Ron Paul who is trying to go back to the government binding of the constitution. Of course most of america wouldn't pass this bill it goes against our American rights and freedoms. The sad thing is to .. this wasn't kept secret at all, but it wasn't displayed (that i know of) on major media so America doesn't really know about it. Shits about to go down really hard in this country, I just hope everyone is getting prepared. The next thing they go after will be our guns.. they are already talking of making it so only government/military personnel are able to own or carry a gun.
Dethnull
New User
New User

Return to Politics