Political parties

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Political parties

Post by terminus on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:43 pm
([msg=608]see Political parties[/msg])

Anyone else besides me think wtf?

Neither major party really represents the majority of my beliefs and yet no third party will stand a chance anytime soon of holding a major office. Republicans used to be all about minimalistic government control and regulation and now they're worse than fascists in some respects. Democrats used to be the liberal bastion of hippies and now they're 'elitist'.

Will there ever be a candidate or party up for the presidential election that actually represents the views and beliefs of the majority of the nation? Is there a country out there that has a system that actually works like this?
terminus
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Political parties

Post by Jesus_of_Suburbia on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:58 pm
([msg=620]see Re: Political parties[/msg])

Short answer = No
Long answer = No, but

The majority of America are uninterested and uneducated about politics. These are the "on the fence" or "middle of the road" people. It's not always true, there can be (and probably are) extreme moderates.

Parties simply group people with similar interests, there are Liberal Republicans, Conservative Democrats, Moderate Liberal Conservative Democrats (etc.).

If you look at each party at extreme ends of the spectrum it seems like no-one agrees with you, however, if you spread the parties out over the area they really have a hold of you'll probably find that you agree with one more than the other.
Jesus_of_Suburbia
New User
New User

Post by kamikazicomeback kid on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:12 pm
([msg=629]see Re: Political parties[/msg])

take George washingtons stand point and don't agree with either of them. a divided house cant stand.
kamikazicomeback kid
New User
New User

Post by 3nIGhost on Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:15 am
([msg=692]see Re: Political parties[/msg])

by the way guys who would you vote for ... hillary clinton or Barak hobama ( sry if i wrote his name wrong i dont kno how to nd to lazy to look for his name lol ) ?
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

|Theodore Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
3nIGhost
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by GTADarkDude on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:15 am
([msg=818]see Re: Political parties[/msg])

3nIGhost wrote:by the way guys who would you vote for ... hillary clinton or Barak hobama ( sry if i wrote his name wrong i dont kno how to nd to lazy to look for his name lol ) ?

It's Barack Obama (or so I thought). I guess I wouldn't vote at all, since I don't live in the States and I'm not allowed to vote bevause of my age. 8-)
....................................................................................
GTADarkDude
New User
New User

Post by griallia on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:37 pm
([msg=1418]see Re: Political parties[/msg])

Divided we fall.

Political Parties had always spent their energies into proving the other side, unfit to govern. They are all pretty correct.

Even with this "Crossroad" State within the government, the ignorant masses has failed repeatedly to ask themselves simple questions and learn things for themselves, but instead preferred to be spoon feed.

Crossroads... What happeneds when both halves of the government quarrel like children over who's better?

Or how about you ask this question. What if both political parties were on the same team?

either way, we're boned. A government with anarchy within itself, or a government where both major political parties are corrupted.

Truly, Politicians are like dippers. We don't need politicians, we need leaders.
griallia
New User
New User

Post by mydog888 on Sun May 11, 2008 8:16 pm
([msg=2282]see Re: Political parties[/msg])

I feel so alone...
I'm voteing for macain
GOP!!!!
mydog888
New User
New User

Post by Sonic7145 on Wed May 21, 2008 10:33 pm
([msg=2988]see Re: Political parties[/msg])

mydog888 wrote:I feel so alone...
I'm voteing for macain
GOP!!!!

Dare I ask why?
Sonic7145
Poster
Poster

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 29, 2008 5:09 pm
([msg=3565]see Re: Political parties[/msg])

Sonic7145 wrote:
mydog888 wrote:I feel so alone...
I'm voteing for macain
GOP!!!!

Dare I ask why?

at a guess i would say the majority of the hacking community leans more to liberal but thats juss a guess on how hackers operate and how we (least i think we do... i know i do) think that all info should be free. and that all people should have access to computers and information
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by beagle on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:37 am
([msg=6455]see Re: Political parties[/msg])

If only the rest of the world saw life the way we do. Think how easier everything would be! Total freedom! All information would be distributed without charge! Unlimited access to computers!
Obvously, though, that's not gonna happen.
beagle
Poster
Poster

Next

Return to Politics