PNAC and Cyberspace

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

PNAC and Cyberspace

Post by JMas on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:33 pm
([msg=7961]see PNAC and Cyberspace[/msg])

Hello all,
I was reading about the "Project for a new American Century" and I feel certain aspects of this regime may be of interest to us all.

Unfortunately, the site for this project has been down since July 08 2008, however the wikipedia article is pretty interesting. I encourage you to read it.

To the main topic.

Here is a quote from a report published under PNAC, its called: "Rebuilding America's Defenses". A must read.

Control of space and cyberspace. Much as control of the high seas – and the protection of international commerce – defined global powers in the past, so will control of the new “international commons” be a key to world power in the future. An America incapable of protecting its interests or that of its allies in space or the “infosphere” will find it difficult to exert global political leadership.

This is one of the points made in the beginning of part 5, Creating Tommorow's Dominant Force. I am not quoting out of context. This is an independent bullet point. It is on page 51.

What do you think?
JMas
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: PNAC and Cyberspace

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:47 pm
([msg=7962]see Re: PNAC and Cyberspace[/msg])

I think its one more step to a bigger peice of shit.
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by OneArrow on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:10 am
([msg=7978]see Re: PNAC and Cyberspace[/msg])

"The best defense is a good offense," is what I got out of skimming this... and I must say, it brings about very mixed feelings.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by bearhunta on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:08 am
([msg=19453]see Re: PNAC and Cyberspace[/msg])

The PNAC site is back up. The Rebuilding America's Defenses .pdf is scary. http://www.newamericancentury.org/Rebui ... fenses.pdf

Search for pearl harbor and you will find a quote that says something like We need a New Pearl Harbor to accomplish our goals. Scary stuff. One year later, 9/11, and their goal of the defense budget accomplished.
bearhunta
New User
New User

Return to Politics