Attack Police State, Beta Testing app, freeish books

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Attack Police State, Beta Testing app, freeish books

Post by SuperCryptoCypherMustache on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:46 pm
([msg=83638]see Attack Police State, Beta Testing app, freeish books[/msg])

Application: https://AnonLit.heroku.com

Greetings, my name is SuperCryptoCypherMustache, I symbolize the primary developer of a web application that's beeing developed in a non-profitable manor by a revolution interested company of men and women, at termendous expense. The book is cute, thus you should check it out at https://AnonLit.heroku.com, I wish I had the page .png files, but I don't at the moment. The read through is in pretty rough shape right now and slow paced, but if you like folks such as the brillian Jeremey Hammond, Edward Snowden, Aaron Swartz, or perhaps just the idea of teaching kids how to protest in the streets you will click teht link and njoy. Consider this the prerelease show, you're fuckin invited!

So with that introduction out of the way, it's been a painfully daunting journey, but the web dev stuff is just about done with, I *THINK* it should be working to the point such that:

- An activist parent can create an account and buy a book from us using bitcoins
- The activist's mailing address is encrypted using PGP at the javascript level preventing the NSA from being the bitches they are
- The activist is presented with a bitcoin wallet, which when paid, simply forwards teh coinz to the company's offline BTC wallet and marks the order rdy for shipment (not in any anonymizing manor)
- Finally the good guys are able to discretely download the address/ order data, send it to an offline machine for decryption and mail out the booty and promote popular revolt (throughout the beta, the decryption keys are on my laptop though... well on a thumb drive close to my laptop...)

(Expect a proper refactor of all the ruby/rails code and a OSS project when I lay down and take a full month break of coffee)

So would anyone like to help by testing this rig out, drop down some friendly comments, conduct etc internetting, or dare I ask, teach kids the precursor to revolution, public demonstration? The products are ultradope and quite awesomely they'll be 99% off during the beta testing phase (a minimum of .0005 BTC is required to make the blockchain.info stuff go which is something like 25 cents worth of that lovely crypto currency). All you need are nominal quantities of bitcoins and a fun address to which you'll want these books mailed such as a drop, a friendly book store who will receive shipment, your office, or your home address if you're completely trusting of me, SuperCryptoCypherMustache, a dear and caring stranger from the internet :)

Ask and I'll give you the wave shipping discount which makes the price of the book pretty much just .0005 BTC, but that obviously taxes my budget so you have to socially engineer me into believe you aren't going to use the books as window scrapers this winter, or use the pages to clean up spills.. The hard cover book is too large to be useful as a window scraper, and its pages are NOT very absorbant. The book should be used as a decoration or to indoctrinate people's children with ideas of peace and freedom, no exceptions.

Beta Notes:
- Emails are not hooked up yet (I may never take it that route, lol), your login/ password information will be shown in purple on the screen after 'purchasing' the book
- Once you've purchased a book, you'll be shown a bitcoin address, when that address is funded with the BTC displayed on the page, your sale will be marked receipt_confirmed and I'll be able to see it and address a parcel to the address you specified
- You don't need to be the one with the bitcoins with this situation, perhaps someone owes you 'one' and has either ~ $3 or $0.05 worth of bitcoins and they would be willing to fund the checkout address as a favor or even in exchange for USD
- I'm only going to ship these things within the US in the mean time unless you wanna buy lots of books, we can talk about this if that idea excites you :)
- If you would like to make interesting intilectual property exchanges for books, we can talk about that too and I'll use the testing bitcoin wallet to fund your purchase on your behalf ;)

If you're teadering on whether you want to help/snag a free book you want, feel free to post something and I will ease your mind with smooth seductive ASCII pictures of turtles and stuff.

Here's an art by sk apparently, just to start things off in a positive direction:

Code: Select all
                                                    ,'
                                                  ,;
                                                .'/
           `-_                                .'.'
             `;-_                           .' /
               `.-.        ,_.-'`'--'`'-._.` .'
                 `.`-.    /    .'"'.   _.'  /
                   `. '-.'_.._/0 " 0\/`    {\
                     `.      |'-^Y^- |     //
                      (`\     \_."._/\...-;..-.
                      `._'._,'` ```    _.:---''`
                         ;-....----'''`
                        /   (
                   sk   |  (`
                        `.^'

*Scroll down to see moar toes

-- Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:51 pm --

Oh, ps, those clowns at digital ocean wouldn't let us put our app in their clown because we were using prepaid cards and not telling them where we live... So for now Heroku basic is the hosting, so expect things to kinda blow till we sort out a proper hosting solution.

-- Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:08 pm --

Oh, to enable the 99% off discount, enter the discount/ coupon code "occupy" (without the quotes).
SuperCryptoCypherMustache
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Attack Police State, Beta Testing app, freeish books

Post by Goatboy on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:20 pm
([msg=83672]see Re: Attack Police State, Beta Testing app, freeish books[/msg])

Oddly enough, I don't think you are completely full of shit. But I still don't trust this. I wouldn't buy something physical from a random user on HTS if it would cure cancer. Send me a PDF link and we'll talk, but I have a feeling you are avoiding the digital route as it is too easy to distribute.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
19JAW6GabFHqe9yD9rr26QL3W3V2pNitbD
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by SuperCryptoCypherMustache on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:07 am
([msg=83704]see Re: Attack Police State, Beta Testing app, freeish books[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:Oddly enough, I don't think you are completely full of shit. But I still don't trust this. I wouldn't buy something physical from a random user on HTS if it would cure cancer. Send me a PDF link and we'll talk, but I have a feeling you are avoiding the digital route as it is too easy to distribute.

OH, of course there's internet candy! But.. the recording equipment used was bad... and wasn't use correctly even :( But it's proof at least! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgacl_HKCJE

This is a 100% real thing, and speaking of easy distribution... This group is not even remotely profit related. I've been pondering easy ways to get the books into an online format for months now lol. The only problem is that when we went to print, we had to do a succession of tweaks to the book's coloring and lighting to make it show up perfect on print CYMK. But now that we made these tweaks (and made minor additions to the book thereafter), the book looks like a mess in RGB format so someone would have to go back into photoshop and tweak it BACK to RGB again and our art department is burnt out so that's not going to happen for a while. Scanning the book's page's might ultimately be the way we go with a digital release :/

Oh, btw, if any HTC devs are paying attention to this thread, I've been considering alternative ways to sell the book. We aren't trying to sell the book to make revenue (we're reducing our taxable income so fewer warheads get dropped on ppls grandmothers and shit in Yemin). We also wanna make sure we're not taking the time out of our day to mail a book that's just going to be thrown away. One way to sell the book, and prove the buyer isn't a douchnozel would be to ship the book to anyone who can show us a valid donation reciept/ proof token... so if someone were to say, donate $10 to a legit organization (*COUGH* *HTC* *COUGH*), they could plug in their donation reciept token thingy into the AnonLit app, and then the app could query the appropriate web API at the donatee web server and check if that's a valid donation and of a valid amount, if all went according to plan, the AnonLit app could check the customer's sale off as paid and shipment could begin; and we would know we're not shipping the book directly to a municipal incinerator... There are LOTS of books to get to people at the moment... Anyone, if HTC can implement something like that on their end, I'll configure AnonLit to link up with it and discontinue the 99% off sale which has thus far been... how do I put this... US Retail orders down sharply - no hardware faillure - likely due to plane crashes on East coast...

Would you like a free shipping discount which reduces the price of teh book to like .0005 BTC?

Use discount codes
- occupy
- c1VMqc0Cqdsi (this has a 1time use limit, so if someone beats you to using it which is doubtful, I'll gen you a new one and PM you)

and the BTC total amount on your sale page should go down to .0005, if not, you found a bug report it and I'll do patching. Oh, and do you believe in Anonymous Publications yet?
SuperCryptoCypherMustache
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:22 pm
([msg=83727]see Re: Attack Police State, Beta Testing app, freeish books[/msg])

I still feel like this is more than likely legit, but I am still not going to buy. Nothing against you, and I somewhat support the movement, but again - I would not buy anything from HTS members even if it meant Nicki Minaj would sit naked on my face and hoola hoop.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
19JAW6GabFHqe9yD9rr26QL3W3V2pNitbD
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by The_Amazing on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:49 pm
([msg=86196]see Re: Attack Police State, Beta Testing app, freeish books[/msg])

Nice.
The_Amazing
New User
New User

Post by Randoph on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:47 pm
([msg=86199]see Re: Attack Police State, Beta Testing app, freeish books[/msg])

The_Amazing wrote:Nice.

It's great to have you here on the forum as another member!

However, the threads you have posted on are "dead" for quite some time, something we call "necro-posting". It would be appreciated if you check for the last time the thread has been active. If it has been recently, then comment! But when the thread is "dead", like this one, it might be best to leave it like that. Unless you have some really good information to add.

Don't let this demotivate you, keep posting, but please just on the right threads.
A little rebellion now and then ... is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government.
-Thomas Jefferson
Randoph
Poster
Poster

Return to Politics