PC Desktop for a friend

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

PC Desktop for a friend

Post by Drizna on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:00 pm
([msg=73706]see PC Desktop for a friend[/msg])

Hey guys my friend is looking for a new computer. Two possibilities were sent to her as suggestions. She asked me to look into them to see if they are good.

1. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7651297&CatId=7718

2. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7636107&CatId=4910

Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Option 1 comes with a 1 TB HDD, and a lower power supply, as well as an EVGA Geforce GTX650.

However Option 2 comes with liquid cooling, Thermaltake MS-I Snow Case, but a slower processor, and no HDD. Although a HDD wouldn't be much to purchase later. Option 2 is more expensive, but Option 1 is ready to run out of the box.

I want to say Option 1 since she can just power it up, and go, but that liquid cooling is very tempting to say it is better, since liquid cooling cools faster than air.

Thoughts?
Drizna
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: PC Desktop for a friend

Post by WallShadow on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:59 pm
([msg=73781]see Re: PC Desktop for a friend[/msg])

Heating generally isn't a problem with desktops unless you are running very intense processes on high end processors and/or graphics cards. Heating is mostly only a problem with laptops.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Re: PC Desktop for a friend

Post by Drizna on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:04 am
([msg=73842]see Re: PC Desktop for a friend[/msg])

True that. I did tell her that I suggested her to get option 1, since it came with everything needed to run. She is getting other opinions from other computer literate people. Mostly family. I figured option 1 was the better choice. Thanks.
Drizna
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to Hardware