hi used PS3 E3 FLASHER solderless and downgrader 3.72OFW and 3.55CFW simple version source...here are some review about it:
1. E3 FLASHER not only a flasher, but with perfectly extension because integrated lots of interface
*E3DIY will release more useful function later, all will be free just like when we release Golden Finger function on our E3 card reader.
2. E3 FLASHER can be upgrade from PC USB or TF card, very simple to do.
3. E3 FLASHER dual boot you need TWO HDD's, one for 3.73, another for 3.55. If you use only one HDD, it will be required to format every time.
E3DIY will release a kit that includes ESATA station for you switch HDD's easier. (Supports 2.5" and 3.5" sizes)
4. At present, on NAND flash console, you need to solder plus wires also. And no dual boot function because no 256M NAND FLASH ON E3 FLASHER.
On NOR flash FAT console, you need to solder plus wires also, and includes dual boot function.
On Slim console, there are no wires, but you still need solder some points. It is easy can be done in 3min.
5. E3DIY will release 2 new version E3 FLASHER at the end of this month.
One is 256M NAND flash on board and with CLIP, to get dual boot and no solder function.
Another is same as present E3 FLASHER but with CLIP, so all NOR flash console no need any solder at that time. (Sure cost will higher)
hope it can help...