choosing laptop

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

Re: choosing laptop

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:30 am
([msg=67372]see Re: choosing laptop[/msg])

Apocalypze_Survivor wrote:I don't know if I need much ram for the stuff that you use for the missions on this site. The graphic cards are for games and movies and video editing, right? Right now I'm leaning towards the first one, but is the graphics card(it says Intel HD) good on that one? I think the other "maybe" has the same graphics card.
Don't know why the last one doesn't pop up. It just directs you to the main page.

Thank you for your help


You need ram to run games also, but you can always upgrade it.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: choosing laptop

Post by patrick17 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:34 pm
([msg=68966]see Re: choosing laptop[/msg])

hey bordz...i think you must check some sites that offers various laptops like newegg.com,pcworld and Lazada.. or try to consider Toshiba portege it is:
1.8 GHz Intel Core i7-2677M Processor
6GB DDR3, 128GB HDD
Windows 7 Professional
4M Smart Cache
Intel HD Graphics
With Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.9GHz
patrick17
New User
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: choosing laptop

Post by wan26 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:17 pm
([msg=68971]see Re: choosing laptop[/msg])

I use a 20 gig hard drive for my laptop that i ripped out of an xbox, 1 gig of ram, this is enough for me to compile software and use the web, my desktop is another story lol. Doing the missions is not a problem, say like programming 1, the difference is in milliseconds between the desktop and my laptop... so for the missions, even the timed ones i dont think your specs would matter greatly unless you were using something like an Ast Premium Exec 386SX under win 3.1

You could get a broken laptop from an auction and repair it, i saw a pretty high spec laptop with just a broken screen and a new screen off ebay or the supplier in terms of cost is nothing compared to a brand new laptop. for this one it had keys missing so i ordered a replacement which cost about 10 euros.

If you want your machine for gaming too, you could still get a broken box and fix it and it mostly works out cheaper.
User avatar
wan26
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: choosing laptop

Post by XRahat2011 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:13 pm
([msg=69889]see Re: choosing laptop[/msg])

Believe Me,
Whenever I have bought a laptop I have never focused very much on the specs but looks xD. I am a pro to buying laptops but still I like looks more than specs! First choose a laptop that's slim & sexy & make sure it's in black, white or in your favourite colour! Then get the specs you want. Try to get i5, more than 4GB RAM, more than 320GB HDD & original registered Windows 7 at least & also in future you can upgrade to windows 8 for only £29.99, if you have a original Windows 7 xD. i5 is more than enough for this kinda' stuff, if you're planning to play games on that laptop as well, forget because laptops were never made for gaming, but if you still wanna play games [(like NFS World) (like I do)] then don't worry new intel HD 4000 can handle it easily! & believe me, my new laptop with i5-3210m runs Crysis 2 at 1280 × 720 at med settings without lag at average 32.7fps xD!

Also try to get the new i5 not the old. For example, i5-2450m is still old but new i5-3210m is newer, just go for any i5 with more than 2 cores & HD 4000 (or better xD) ! LOL!

So I would never recommend a laptop with i7 & with a GPU because believe me that sucks battery like a bitch sucks a di*k, LOL!

Sorry for poor English, my creative writing is not good! Also in the upper line the last line was to make you laugh but not to make you angry, if it did, I apologize :( !

Thanks & Best Regards,
Xeeshan Rahat.
My Quote: What Goes UP, Must Come DOWN!
My Signature: Eat Dust!
User avatar
XRahat2011
New User
New User
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: choosing laptop

Post by centip3de on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:36 pm
([msg=69920]see Re: choosing laptop[/msg])

XRahat2011 wrote:Believe Me,
Whenever I have bought a laptop I have never focused very much on the specs but looks xD. I am a pro to buying laptops but still I like looks more than specs! First choose a laptop that's slim & sexy & make sure it's in black, white or in your favourite colour! Then get the specs you want. Try to get i5, more than 4GB RAM, more than 320GB HDD & original registered Windows 7 at least & also in future you can upgrade to windows 8 for only £29.99, if you have a original Windows 7 xD. i5 is more than enough for this kinda' stuff, if you're planning to play games on that laptop as well, forget because laptops were never made for gaming, but if you still wanna play games [(like NFS World) (like I do)] then don't worry new intel HD 4000 can handle it easily! & believe me, my new laptop with i5-3210m runs Crysis 2 at 1280 × 720 at med settings without lag at average 32.7fps xD!

Also try to get the new i5 not the old. For example, i5-2450m is still old but new i5-3210m is newer, just go for any i5 with more than 2 cores & HD 4000 (or better xD) ! LOL!

So I would never recommend a laptop with i7 & with a GPU because believe me that sucks battery like a bitch sucks a di*k, LOL!

Sorry for poor English, my creative writing is not good! Also in the upper line the last line was to make you laugh but not to make you angry, if it did, I apologize :( !

Thanks & Best Regards,
Xeeshan Rahat.


Please don't necro old threads, just let them die.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1426
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: choosing laptop

Post by XRahat2011 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:21 am
([msg=69951]see Re: choosing laptop[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
XRahat2011 wrote:Believe Me,
Whenever I have bought a laptop I have never focused very much on the specs but looks xD. I am a pro to buying laptops but still I like looks more than specs! First choose a laptop that's slim & sexy & make sure it's in black, white or in your favourite colour! Then get the specs you want. Try to get i5, more than 4GB RAM, more than 320GB HDD & original registered Windows 7 at least & also in future you can upgrade to windows 8 for only £29.99, if you have a original Windows 7 xD. i5 is more than enough for this kinda' stuff, if you're planning to play games on that laptop as well, forget because laptops were never made for gaming, but if you still wanna play games [(like NFS World) (like I do)] then don't worry new intel HD 4000 can handle it easily! & believe me, my new laptop with i5-3210m runs Crysis 2 at 1280 × 720 at med settings without lag at average 32.7fps xD!

Also try to get the new i5 not the old. For example, i5-2450m is still old but new i5-3210m is newer, just go for any i5 with more than 2 cores & HD 4000 (or better xD) ! LOL!

So I would never recommend a laptop with i7 & with a GPU because believe me that sucks battery like a bitch sucks a di*k, LOL!

Sorry for poor English, my creative writing is not good! Also in the upper line the last line was to make you laugh but not to make you angry, if it did, I apologize :( !

Thanks & Best Regards,
Xeeshan Rahat.


Please don't necro old threads, just let them die.


Ohh, OK Sir, I will now keep a watch on the first post date before posting :) ! Sorry!
My Quote: What Goes UP, Must Come DOWN!
My Signature: Eat Dust!
User avatar
XRahat2011
New User
New User
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: choosing laptop

Post by blaise12345 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:04 pm
([msg=70466]see Re: choosing laptop[/msg])

Apocalypze_Survivor wrote:Hi! I'm very new to all this and I need to buy my own laptop, so I'm wondering what kind or which laptop I should buy to make the best out of "hacking". I also wonder what kinds of things I should get for it and how much this costs. Someone said that you should get Linux and firebug(i think) for firefox and notepad++ and c++ and javascript. I want to know everything of what I should get so I'm fully prepared. I'm also wondering if anybody knows if all of this will slow down the laptop and what exactly makes the laptop slow. Also I'm not exactly rich so I can't afford a really expensive laptop.

Thanks for any help on this.

hi im new too but i would suggest a mac pro or air it has pretty good firebug i use it my self
blaise12345
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: choosing laptop

Post by mShred on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:35 pm
([msg=70473]see Re: choosing laptop[/msg])

blaise12345 wrote:hi im new too but i would suggest a mac pro or air it has pretty good firebug i use it my self

...Just so you know, you can get firefox and firebug with firefox on just about any operating system that you can think of. A mac pro or mac air won't change that. And also, it's already been said here. DON'T NECRO THREADS, por favor.
Image

For those about to rock.
User avatar
mShred
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)


Previous

Return to Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests