How do you protect your flash drive?

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

How do you protect your flash drive?

Post by Excision on Tue May 15, 2012 7:34 pm
([msg=66336]see How do you protect your flash drive?[/msg])

I was just wondering what you guys do to protect yourselves. I don't have a permanent computer at this time so I have been looking into way to secure my flash drive. I've seen programs like TrueCrypt, but they seem like a bit of a nuisance. I preferably would want something that prompted me for a password when I plugged in my flash drive.
Excision
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How do you protect your flash drive?

Post by acevic on Wed May 16, 2012 2:53 am
([msg=66346]see Re: How do you protect your flash drive?[/msg])

Excision wrote:I was just wondering what you guys do to protect yourselves. I don't have a permanent computer at this time so I have been looking into way to secure my flash drive. I've seen programs like TrueCrypt, but they seem like a bit of a nuisance. I preferably would want something that prompted me for a password when I plugged in my flash drive.

Truecrypt is undoubtedly the best data security option out there. However, it is not too user friendly. If you want a simpler solution, I'd suggest this article.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Post by patrick17 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 am
([msg=68947]see Re: How do you protect your flash drive?[/msg])

im using truecrypt in protecting my flashdrive...so nobody can able to get my files on it in case it was stolen or lost...see here
patrick17
New User
New User

Post by tremor77 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:24 pm
([msg=68957]see Re: How do you protect your flash drive?[/msg])

There are many USB devices with a built in "vault" already.. SanDisk for example has "My Vault" which is a password protected storage area on the drive. Not sure how reliable these are but if you are concerned, that is my suggestion. My solution is, after my last lost USB scare.. a lanyard, with enough length to throw around my neck.. I wear my USB as a necklace.. when not in use.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Hardware