Building a computer for Professional Audio

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

Building a computer for Professional Audio

Post by eoae on Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:24 am
([msg=5412]see Building a computer for Professional Audio[/msg])

I'm planning to build a computer for doing my music works, (and maybe a bit of gaming. ;) ) Is there anybody here that is familiar with professional audio hardware? If so, can you give me suggestions on how should I build my computer? Which audio interface do you think is good that is not too pricey?

I'll be using Windows XP (sadly), with Nuendo. I'll be doing a lot of MIDI also, but my keyboard is using a USB connector. I'm a student, so I'm looking for something affordable.

As for the sound card, one of my friend is using ESI Juli@. Should I buy that too? or an external sound card would be better? I will not take M-Audio, because they force me to use ProTools, and its way too expensive.

Thanks.
"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax." - Albert Einstein
"Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us." - Leo Tolstoy
eoae
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Building a computer for Professional Audio

Post by azusa on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:30 pm
([msg=9069]see Re: Building a computer for Professional Audio[/msg])

well pretty much as long as you have a good processor speed and ram your fine. on my dell laptop I run ableton live and reason and no problems. Crashed on me once because I dj'd a party outside in 100 degree weather. Other than that it is fine. And I only have 2 gigs of memory and a 1.8 duel core processor.

I am not up on the computer terms but any DAW will hog up memory and cpu speed so make sure you spend most of the money on those to.

and I guess this is a good plugin for my music lol. check me out www.myspace.com/djxsquizet I do electronic and hiphop.
azusa
New User
New User

Post by eoae on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:59 am
([msg=10692]see Re: Building a computer for Professional Audio[/msg])

thanks for your reply. Sorry for being late on replying you. I didnt have internet connection until I bought my new computer. But i did some research and bought an intel E7300 with 4gb RAM, and an external echo audiofire4 audio interface.
"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax." - Albert Einstein
"Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us." - Leo Tolstoy
eoae
New User
New User

Post by azusa on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:28 am
([msg=10698]see Re: Building a computer for Professional Audio[/msg])

good choice on the sound card.

i am getting the fire wire 410 for my dj purpose.
azusa
New User
New User

Return to Hardware