Digital Camera Question

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

Digital Camera Question

Post by yesca159 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:21 pm
([msg=13317]see Digital Camera Question[/msg])

Fist of all have to say this site has improved very much, thank you to the admins for still providing help, information to the public! I have not used it for a few years so I lost my original login. No worries I will get all my points soon again.

Anyway have a quick question, I have used this FujiFilm FinePix S9100 Digital Camera many times to photograph various equiment to place on our website, for users, etc...
Just today my computer stopped decteting it, it is a Windows Xp machine, it wont even show up as a storage drive. Now this is not a big deal as I have access to many computers that seem to load it fine. Other Xp machines, Vista, Macs, 2K's, it even worked on a 98 machine. Now it can not be my usb ports as any other thing I plug in works fine. I never had to install drivers for this camera before, my thoughts is I probably have to rebuild the machine, it is an old IBM Netvista 8315-42U, ya I know...All of the files get backed up on Homer, yes the servers are Simpsons charactors. The oblem with a rebuild is the hassel of reinstalling many, many, programs that I use daily, well any advice would be helpful thanks.
yesca159
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Digital Camera Question

Post by myhexhax on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:30 pm
([msg=13318]see Re: Digital Camera Question[/msg])

Does the camera have a USB mode setting, like Pictobridge vs USB?
gniripsni ewa si rehte eht morf cisum siht
myhexhax
Poster
Poster

Post by yesca159 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:46 pm
([msg=13319]see Re: Digital Camera Question[/msg])

Yes the when I leave the setting on DSC and plug it in the computer it does nothing, If I change it to Pictobridge it goes through the process of installing new hardware, decets the camera, a few seconds after it says your hardware is ready to use it drops the drive and say communications error. It is weird I have never seen this problem before.
yesca159
New User
New User

Post by webb on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:57 pm
([msg=13465]see Re: Digital Camera Question[/msg])

Any suspicious things when you go into hardware manager via system in the control panel? Any USB errors/warnings or unknown devices?
webb
New User
New User

Post by yesca159 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:54 pm
([msg=14476]see Re: Digital Camera Question[/msg])

Well thanks for the reply I ended up having to reformat that computer anyway after that the camera worked fine though. I blame Micro$oft.
yesca159
New User
New User

Return to Hardware