AMD VS INTEL

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

Re: AMD VS INTEL

Post by DarkFuds on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:08 pm
([msg=12761]see Re: AMD VS INTEL[/msg])

In the next year or two there are going to be huge legal battles against the two companies. AMD is claiming that Intel paid third party vendors to make their software decrease in performance/crash when an AMD chipset is detected.

Personally, I would choose Intel chips if I could afford it but if I was a broke a$$ mofo I would be happy with a cheap AMD computer.

Giggity goo.
DarkFuds
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by cmd_b4tch on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:17 pm
([msg=16218]see Re: AMD VS INTEL[/msg])

Intel ! Quad core ftw (:
Stupid questions doesn't mean that there bad questions -- it just means that there easier to answer.
cmd_b4tch
New User
New User

Post by thamc on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:18 pm
([msg=16469]see Re: AMD VS INTEL[/msg])

hi guys,

when i bought my pc i chose a c2d e6750 which was 50 dollars cheaper than the same performance amd x2 6400 so
you may choose intel. it's cheaper and faster, and it is still the best in this segment (core i7 can you show me something from amd that can beat this? of course not)
but amd won a round in graphic cards amd has cheaper and the same performance graphic cards as nvidia, i'm afraid if they keep it up they'll be the best in processors as well, so dont give up, sooner or later amd will overtake...
thamc
New User
New User

Post by screamthepoetry on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:39 am
([msg=19721]see Re: AMD VS INTEL[/msg])

ok i have used both..to me the difference is kinda like the difference between internet explorer and firefox...sure internet explorer is supposed to be better because its microsoft but most people that use firefox switch..intel is fine, but i have 2 dual-core computers one with an intel 2.2Ghz and one with an AMD 3.0 Ghz..and they both are in Ultra cases with side vents and Thermaltake Big Tyhpoon VX heatsink and fans..guess what... My AMD stays much much cooler then my intel does. and runs alot smoother when running games like crysis on high, and left 4 dead. also my intel crashes all the time much like other intels i have used...random crashes even when the computer isnt doin much or even anything other than minor background processes. almost as if the processor just got lazy and decided to just stop doin anything. my AMD has NEVER crashed..not once the whole time i have had it so if i had to choose i would go with my AMD
-Scr34m
screamthepoetry
New User
New User

Post by jc65494728111 on Wed May 13, 2009 4:32 am
([msg=23632]see Re: AMD VS INTEL[/msg])

eweb100 wrote:Well this is one of the biggest debates on the net. And i thought i might start one here!

Amd or intel.
I would have to go with amd.. I saw a amd processer duel core 3ghz for $150 and its intel counterpart was $250.

There have bin alot of tests about what will hapin if you take the coller tower off of the processer.
And intel has won about 90% of those tests. But the thing is...Amd isn't built for Dumm poeple who take of
the cooler tower!

O well this is just the start of the debate. Have fun =)

intel is better
jc65494728111
New User
New User

Post by Sl0thGoodi3s on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:08 am
([msg=28152]see Re: AMD VS INTEL[/msg])

If i had to take an educated guess i would say amd
Sl0thGoodi3s
New User
New User

Post by floronzel on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:41 am
([msg=29113]see Re: AMD VS INTEL[/msg])

Actually in my opinion the best processor is the one that goes best with your PCconfiguration's, for me for example on my NVIDIA GeForce 6100SM-M the best is AMD single or Dual-Core, I don't have any problem no blocking, no lagg while I run games and apllications, the only tymes when my PC laggs is when I have over 15 viruses in my PC, in the same tyme a friend of mine hwo has a Asrook Motherboard and an AMD Dual-Core Processor (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 6000+) his computer on Win XP often is blocking and requiring an restart, but Win Vista and Win 7 goes great, a tyme he had Intel Processor and worked very great for him that CPU so it depends on the PC configuration
So in conclusion AMD processor and Intel Processors are equal at quallity, all it depends on what u have in the PC beside the CPU and what settings u make to u're PC
floronzel
New User
New User

Post by xfelix on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:33 am
([msg=31434]see Re: AMD VS INTEL[/msg])

romulous wrote:...Sun makes a hellafuck processor called the Spark...

LMFAO!!! that's sounding pretty epic right now! I wonder if I can hit one of these up on the streets..
xfelix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Erlendd on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:12 pm
([msg=31460]see Re: AMD VS INTEL[/msg])

The new i7 technology is really neat. Recommended. Also the Q6600 is easily OCed with watercooling. You can hit 4-5GHz by pushing the limits for stable runs with watercooling. Benchmarking slightly higher...
Erlendd
New User
New User

Post by Sanachori on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 pm
([msg=33387]see Re: AMD VS INTEL[/msg])

I'd go with Intel, better quality.
Just read an article about a 48 Core Processor they developed, wonderful :)
Sanachori
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware