HDGONE?!?!?!?!

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

HDGONE?!?!?!?!

Post by bambamm89 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:57 pm
([msg=8183]see HDGONE?!?!?!?![/msg])

Ok so I recently moved all of my stuff, and I had some people help. I now believe that one of the idiots just ripped the power chord out of the wall, because my D drive wont show up. And I need it cause it's 200gb and has a lot of important shit on it. Would anyone know what I could do to save the drive. It doesn't show under anything and I really need that stuff. :(
bambamm89
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: HDGONE?!?!?!?!

Post by nathandelane on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:47 am
([msg=8528]see Re: HDGONE?!?!?!?![/msg])

If you have a method of backing up file external to your computer then you might burn yourself a Knoppix CD. This is a Live Linux distribution. You load it by sticking it in your CD ROM drive then reboot. Upon booting, if your BIOS is set to boot from a CD first then you'll be able to load it. This distro of Linux loads into your RAM and allows you to look at stuff on your computer without really modifying it (you can modify some stuff sometimes, it just depends on what it is really). So that way, if you have an FTP server or another external USB drive or so, then you can find the files on the hard drive and copy them to another location. You might also check to make sure that the power and data cables aren't loose inside your box. I hope that helps. If you have any questions about Knoppix, then feel free to ask me.
Me, Nathandelane, Highly influential to Hackerdom, Premature Optimization=http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PrematureOptimization
nathandelane
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Hardware