in the market for a mobile device

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

in the market for a mobile device

Post by pretentious on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:12 am
([msg=83001]see in the market for a mobile device[/msg])

I've been using a Galaxy s2 for about 2 years and even though it's still a functional phone I feel like it's worth while investing in faster hardware.
I kinda want to buy a tablet just to have a large screen that I can usewith my hands but then again I probably could just get a bigger phone.
What's everyone's thoughts on tablets v 'fablets'? Any recommendations?
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: in the market for a mobile device

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:18 am
([msg=83003]see Re: in the market for a mobile device[/msg])

Personally, while I see the appeal of tablet, I don't use them. Either I want a big screen, keyboard and mouse (a computer) or I want a small screen (a phone). That said, a phone cannot replace a tablet or the other way around, unless you plan on using systems like Skype on the tablet or don't care about the small screen on a phone (in regards to browsing/vids). Both have their uses and you should take one that fits to yours.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Re: in the market for a mobile device

Post by pretentious on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:03 am
([msg=83047]see Re: in the market for a mobile device[/msg])

Yeah I think I'll just get a phone with a semi large screen. I think I agree that If I'm going to buy a tablet sized screen, I might as well just get a computer lol
It didn't imediately occure to me that tablets are still pretty limited, at least in the cheaper range. I won't be able to check emals and have conference calls n shit in places where a laptop isn't already convenient. they do have amazing battery life though :shock:
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Hardware