Unrecognized Processor

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

Unrecognized Processor

Post by Drizna on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:16 pm
([msg=72791]see Unrecognized Processor[/msg])

Hey yall. O.k. I have a computer that I beefed up. Pretty much the only things I haven't changed is the motherboard, the case, and the dvd rom.

Here is what I have:

AMD Denub II Black Edition 3 ghz Processer
Black Widow 800 w power supply
Terrabyte SDD
AMD Radeon 5770 HD Graphics
Windows 7 X64 bit
8 GB Ram

I figured this would be the best place to ask this, since tech supports haven't really helped. The motherboard I have is stock edition, and when I had the processor replaced (I don't know how to do it safely yet) my computer now shows my processor as

AMD Processor model unknown

But it still registers that it is a 3 Ghz processor. How do I get my motherboard to understand this so I could use it to full potential?
Drizna
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Unrecognized Processor

Post by madsmaks on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:35 am
([msg=72890]see Re: Unrecognized Processor[/msg])

This is almost certainly due to your motherboard simply not recognising the CPU identifier. More often than not this problem can be resolved by updating your motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

If you don't fancy updating the BIOS I wouldn't worry about it as it's most likely only a cosmetic issue.
madsmaks
New User
New User

Re: Unrecognized Processor

Post by Drizna on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:39 am
([msg=72892]see Re: Unrecognized Processor[/msg])

Thanks. I need to get a new motherboard anyway, because the motherboard that came with the comptuer I bought doesn't have a bus speed that can support all the new toys I bought for it. Sucks when games still lag, but I have a strong computer.
Drizna
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to Hardware