How to make a website like foursquare[more details inside].

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

How to make a website like foursquare[more details inside].

Post by Billh93 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:10 pm
([msg=71638]see How to make a website like foursquare[more details inside].[/msg])

I know how to make a website I just need help with this part. For example on foursquare you click on any business on the map and the url link shows this foursquare.com/v/wendys or w.e. How can I replicate that? Im assuming it has to do with the GET requests and POST requests when people create the business page? Can someone please elaborate on the process?? Sorry, If im asking for too much, thanks!
Billh93
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How to make a website like foursquare[more details inside].

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:12 pm
([msg=71641]see Re: How to make a website like foursquare[more details inside].[/msg])

They're probably using a google maps API and using their data on entered businesses. Do you know how databases work? Specifically, how websites are made with PHP and MySQL?
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Billh93 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 am
([msg=71654]see Re: How to make a website like foursquare[more details inside].[/msg])

yes, i know php and mysql. Im not a pro at it but I can easily read it and modify changes if needed. I sadly can't brainstorm code from scratch though.
Billh93
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:55 am
([msg=71659]see Re: How to make a website like foursquare[more details inside].[/msg])

I'd work on that and try to build a login system/forum from scratch. Also, JavaScript is worth learning.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Return to Web