Captcha Farms, and the need for CAPTCHA 2.0 or something

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

Captcha Farms, and the need for CAPTCHA 2.0 or something

Post by goluhaque on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:03 am
([msg=67285]see Captcha Farms, and the need for CAPTCHA 2.0 or something[/msg])

This post is a question, not something that is for informing. Recently, I have read multiple articles which say how increasingly easier and cheap it is to hire Captcha Farms, which renders the normal Captchas useless. I am guessing that a lot of you folks will be dealing with this problem and might know if this is indeed happening and the solutions around this obstruction?

"CAPTCHA 2.0" is a fancy name for a Captcha system by [url]siteblackbox.com[/url] which claims to be proof from captcha farms, I don't know how. Does anybody from you use this and is it effective?
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Captcha Farms, and the need for CAPTCHA 2.0 or something

Post by anarchy420x on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:24 am
([msg=67286]see Re: Captcha Farms, and the need for CAPTCHA 2.0 or something[/msg])

I'm not knowledgeable in captcha, but nothing is fool proof on the internet.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by goluhaque on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:25 pm
([msg=67299]see Re: Captcha Farms, and the need for CAPTCHA 2.0 or something[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:I'm not knowledgeable in captcha, but nothing is fool proof on the internet.

Ofcourse. What I'm asking is whether it's effectiveness is so less that we need to totally drop it as a part of the tests to distinguish b/w scrapers, bots and normal users.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by anarchy420x on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:53 am
([msg=67304]see Re: Captcha Farms, and the need for CAPTCHA 2.0 or something[/msg])

goluhaque wrote:
anarchy420x wrote:I'm not knowledgeable in captcha, but nothing is fool proof on the internet.

Ofcourse. What I'm asking is whether it's effectiveness is so less that we need to totally drop it as a part of the tests to distinguish b/w scrapers, bots and normal users.

too drunk to answer, I'll answer you on sunday, maybe monday.

-- Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:34 am --

I despise capatcha in general I never seem to be able to get it done. I think I had to try 7 times to get the HTS one done, and theirs is easy.

I don't think it's effectiveness has dropped that low. I do think that we should find a different more user friendly route. I've been on both sides of the fence so to speak. I've never had a bot running, but I've definitely tried getting free advertising out and some of the methods make it hard and annoying to do; capatcha isn't one of them. As an internet marketer capatcha is just a minor speed bump that slows people down.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by goluhaque on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:01 am
([msg=67335]see Re: Captcha Farms, and the need for CAPTCHA 2.0 or something[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:
goluhaque wrote:

too drunk to answer, I'll answer you on sunday, maybe monday.

-- Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:34 am --

I despise capatcha in general I never seem to be able to get it done. I think I had to try 7 times to get the HTS one done, and theirs is easy.

I don't think it's effectiveness has dropped that low. I do think that we should find a different more user friendly route. I've been on both sides of the fence so to speak. I've never had a bot running, but I've definitely tried getting free advertising out and some of the methods make it hard and annoying to do; capatcha isn't one of them. As an internet marketer capatcha is just a minor speed bump that slows people down.

How do you think services like "CAPTCHA 2.0" work? I think that they work by centralizing data, and then checking up on the ranges which frequently fill in the captchas, and then classify them as captcha farms.
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Return to Web