Surf the net hidden

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

Surf the net hidden

Post by mlrsfdc on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:12 pm
([msg=58713]see Surf the net hidden[/msg])

Other than proxy ans DNS servers. Are there any other tricks you guys have found for surfing the net anonymously?

I do understand that the net has to send some address out that will track back to otherwise you would never be able to retrieve anything.

But is there a service that you can go through that will third or fourth party your traffic. This might cause a bit of a lag, and you definatly wouldn't be streaming any video.

Let me put it this way for better explanation .. I send from IP 1.11.123.0 to a service that continues my traffic as if it is originating the signal as 1.13.123.2 the site I am surfing sends back to 1.13.123.2 which then changes the destination IP back to 1.11.123.0 with out keeping a log of the IP change. Thus iany investigation of traffic ends at 1.13.123.2

You would basically have to use the proxy as a physical buffer that you then surfed... I guess.

Believe it or not I am in military comms and they do not train this stuff like the movies make it out we do. We are left to learn the movie tricks (which dont alawys really exist) by the same ways you guys do. Trial and error, and asking around.
mlrsfdc
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Surf the net hidden

Post by Goatboy on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:35 pm
([msg=58738]see Re: Surf the net hidden[/msg])

mlrsfdc wrote:Believe it or not I am in military comms and they do not train this stuff like the movies make it out we do. We are left to learn the movie tricks (which dont alawys really exist) by the same ways you guys do. Trial and error, and asking around.

Funny you should mention this, because the Navy developed something called TOR (The Onion router) which does exactly what you want. Use your Google-fu.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Re: Surf the net hidden

Post by rajival on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:31 am
([msg=60873]see Re: Surf the net hidden[/msg])

I use stuff like IP Faker to browse anonymously. It makes me capable of changing my IP and makes it look like it's coming from a different country, sate and/or city.
rajival
New User
New User

Return to Web