Noob URL Question

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

Noob URL Question

Post by tha1djplaya on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:29 pm
([msg=54606]see Noob URL Question[/msg])

To all of those taking anatomy and physiology in college, I'm sure you know how difficult of a class that is. After about three weeks of research, I managed to come across this url

http:// media. pearsoncmg. com/bc/bc _marieb_happlace_7/ ir/ IP_ExerciseSheetAnswerKey. pdf

However, I am trying to come across the 8th edition, not the 7th. I have tried replacing the 7 with an 8 in the url address but no success. Are there any programs I could run on my computer that may be able to assist me with figuring out the new url?
tha1djplaya
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Noob URL Question

Post by Phantom Wolf on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:38 pm
([msg=54610]see Re: Noob URL Question[/msg])

Try using Google, use site: and maby inurl:
Phantom Wolf
Poster
Poster

Post by jgreen45 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 pm
([msg=54611]see Re: Noob URL Question[/msg])

You are after answer sheets?

Well I have had legitimate use for these in the past so I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Personally i doubt there is a program that will help you out with this, just good ol' human Googling.

First on the directory up http://media.pearsoncmg.com/bc/bc_marieb_happlace_7/ir/ contains a lot of files, i don't know if you need any of these :)

Secondly, a better option is to use a custom query on google e.g site:pearsoncmg.com physiology OR anatomy *.pdf will search the main site for a pdf file pertaining to physiology OR anatomy. The reason i say main is that the media.pearsoncmg.com isn't indexed by google, so searching it wouldn't work

P.S the link you posted is messed up, spaces where they shouldn't be :geek:

Good luck on the course :D
I can't come to bed...
Someone is WRONG on the internet

http://xkcd.com/386/
jgreen45
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:47 pm
([msg=54612]see Re: Noob URL Question[/msg])

Just because they have the 7th edition, doesn't mean they have the 8th, especially since it's an answer key. There aren't any programs that can magically guess what humans will do. O.o

Google is your best shot.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by tha1djplaya on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:21 am
([msg=54628]see Re: Noob URL Question[/msg])

jgreen45 wrote:You are after answer sheets?

Well I have had legitimate use for these in the past so I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Personally i doubt there is a program that will help you out with this, just good ol' human Googling.

First on the directory up http://media.pearsoncmg.com/bc/bc_marieb_happlace_7/ir/ contains a lot of files, i don't know if you need any of these :)

Secondly, a better option is to use a custom query on google e.g site:pearsoncmg.com physiology OR anatomy *.pdf will search the main site for a pdf file pertaining to physiology OR anatomy. The reason i say main is that the media.pearsoncmg.com isn't indexed by google, so searching it wouldn't work

P.S the link you posted is messed up, spaces where they shouldn't be :geek:

Good luck on the course :D

I wouldn't necessarily call my use legitimate; but I would like to study the correct material for an upcoming test. My professor uses the some of the questions from the assignments, but fails to go over them for corrections. But THANKS SO MUCH for the info... that explains why I couldn't find anything while googling. I came across that url in a zipped torrent. I just threw in the spaces so that I wouldn't be "technically" violating hackthissite's terms and conditions.
tha1djplaya
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:40 pm
([msg=54640]see Re: Noob URL Question[/msg])

tha1djplaya wrote: I just threw in the spaces so that I wouldn't be "technically" violating hackthissite's terms and conditions.

Not sure how you thought that would change anything, but oh well.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by jgreen45 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:30 pm
([msg=54667]see Re: Noob URL Question[/msg])

tha1djplaya wrote:I wouldn't necessarily call my use legitimate

i ... feel ... violated
I can't come to bed...
Someone is WRONG on the internet

http://xkcd.com/386/
jgreen45
Poster
Poster

Return to Web