I'm new and have a couple questions

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

I'm new and have a couple questions

Post by iron-man on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:17 pm
([msg=40315]see I'm new and have a couple questions[/msg])

Okay, to start off, I'm not a total noob, I have a little experience before HTS, but I really like HTS, it is much better than the website I used to be on. Second, I actually READ the rules and disclaimers and all of that :D , but I came up with a question or two. So, thanks in advance for giving me your time.
1. Is it at all legal to hack a site that was yours, then got hacked, and you want to hack it back to it's original self? I don't actually have this problem, so I won't be doing this, I was just wondering.
2...... Obviously I have a terrible memory, because I forgot my second question... But thinking about questions made me come up with another... :oops: sorry....
3. What are the best add-ons to firefox for completing the missions? I got Firebug, and I love it, it helps a ton! :D
Any help that you could provide is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much for your time! :D :D :D
iron-man
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I'm new and have a couple questions

Post by sanddbox on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:29 pm
([msg=40316]see Re: I'm new and have a couple questions[/msg])

iron-man wrote:Okay, to start off, I'm not a total noob, I have a little experience before HTS, but I really like HTS, it is much better than the website I used to be on. Second, I actually READ the rules and disclaimers and all of that :D , but I came up with a question or two. So, thanks in advance for giving me your time.
1. Is it at all legal to hack a site that was yours, then got hacked, and you want to hack it back to it's original self? I don't actually have this problem, so I won't be doing this, I was just wondering.
2...... Obviously I have a terrible memory, because I forgot my second question... But thinking about questions made me come up with another... :oops: sorry....
3. What are the best add-ons to firefox for completing the missions? I got Firebug, and I love it, it helps a ton! :D
Any help that you could provide is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much for your time! :D :D :D

1. Hacked or not, the site is your property. It's legal to 'hack it back'. However, that's ridiculous - it's much easier to just use your server access to revert the changes.
3. Here are my security-related addons: Add 'n Edit Cookie Editor, Firebug, Fireftp, Flagfox, Greasemonkey, Tamper Data.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by iron-man on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:14 pm
([msg=40319]see Re: I'm new and have a couple questions[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
iron-man wrote:Okay, to start off, I'm not a total noob, I have a little experience before HTS, but I really like HTS, it is much better than the website I used to be on. Second, I actually READ the rules and disclaimers and all of that :D , but I came up with a question or two. So, thanks in advance for giving me your time.

1. Hacked or not, the site is your property. It's legal to 'hack it back'. However, that's ridiculous - it's much easier to just use your server access to revert the changes.
3. Here are my security-related addons: Add 'n Edit Cookie Editor, Firebug, Fireftp, Flagfox, Greasemonkey, Tamper Data.

Thank you! :D That's all I needed!
iron-man
New User
New User

Post by msbachman on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:32 pm
([msg=40322]see Re: I'm new and have a couple questions[/msg])

Look into "User agent switcher." In between that and firebug, I don't use much else, at least not consistently.

I also like the web developer toolbar, it makes it easy to view cookies. What else...if you're on HBH as well, which I highly recommend doing, you might want to get "modify headers." I'm pretty sure that's used here as well, can't remember where though.

This will, of course, only get you so far. Through the realistics and basics. Might want to begin to crack a book on a programming or scripting language for some of the other missions. Might come in handy.

Hope this helps.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:34 pm
([msg=40324]see Re: I'm new and have a couple questions[/msg])

Oh yeah - I forgot UserAgent switcher. Also, for doxing purposes, get the Tineye reverse image searcher addon.

Other useful (not really hacking related) addons: Adblock Plus (disable on hackthissite), All-in-One-Sidebar, DownThemAll!, Fireshot, Skipscreen, Imacros, Download Statusbar.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Return to Web