Firefox and PHP

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

Re: Firefox and PHP

Post by cilpolir on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:52 am
([msg=37763]see Re: Firefox and PHP[/msg])

insomaniacal wrote:That's happened to me on HTS on rare occasion. I'd hit the reply button, and it'd ask me if I'd like to save the posting.php file.

Only happens rarely, and hasn't for a few weeks, but still.

for me it happend just 3 seconds ago, just when I wanted to reply it didn't ever happend to me, :(
firefox must hate me... :cry:
cilpolir
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by thetan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm
([msg=37788]see Re: Firefox and PHP[/msg])

maybe it's because i haven't used firefox in over a year (i got turned off from firefox back when it was 2.0 and had memory leaks like hookers had STDs) but i don't think i've ever experienced this. :-/

From the sounds of it, it's a mime-type issue. However, no hands on access and decent tcpdumps says i can't even give an accurate guess.

Also, why the fuck would you wan't to read the plain text of a php (if that's what i understand you want). Thats what the .phps extension is for. Also, .phps has sexy highlighting for +5 sex points.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NeoAtHTS on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:21 pm
([msg=37820]see Re: Firefox and PHP[/msg])

thetan wrote:maybe it's because i haven't used firefox in over a year (i got turned off from firefox back when it was 2.0 and had memory leaks like hookers had STDs) but i don't think i've ever experienced this. :-/

From the sounds of it, it's a mime-type issue. However, no hands on access and decent tcpdumps says i can't even give an accurate guess.

Also, why the fuck would you wan't to read the plain text of a php (if that's what i understand you want). Thats what the .phps extension is for. Also, .phps has sexy highlighting for +5 sex points.

The bug's been around for quite a while. It occurs to users at intermittent versions for firefox, I suppose.

And why would I want to read the PHP code? Well, obviously I need to know what the PHP code does, so I need to read it without parsing it. Lets just say I've a habit of opening local PHP files in firefox, and I'm not comfortable with my text editor(Of course I'd open it in my text editor when I need to edit the code), and I got a little curious when I couldn't open 'em, so I posted it here, to get some answers. ;)
Run.
NeoAtHTS
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by thetan on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 am
([msg=37842]see Re: Firefox and PHP[/msg])

NeoAtHTS wrote:And why would I want to read the PHP code? Well, obviously I need to know what the PHP code does, so I need to read it without parsing it. Lets just say I've a habit of opening local PHP files in firefox, and I'm not comfortable with my text editor(Of course I'd open it in my text editor when I need to edit the code), and I got a little curious when I couldn't open 'em, so I posted it here, to get some answers. ;)

thetan wrote:Thats what the .phps extension is for. Also, .phps has sexy highlighting for +5 sex points.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NeoAtHTS on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:36 am
([msg=37893]see Re: Firefox and PHP[/msg])

.phps isn't what I'm looking for, but thanks though! :)
Run.
NeoAtHTS
Experienced User
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Web