Exploiting my own system

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

Exploiting my own system

Post by ph4nt0m on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:03 pm
([msg=26023]see Exploiting my own system[/msg])

I had an idea recently to set up a server on my home network just for me and my friends to hack. I want to set up a crappy server with little security and then try to exploit it. Then as I learn more up the security to make it harder. What I was wondering is if my ISP would get upset about something like this? I know they can't do anything about me messing with my own stuff but what about my friends? I want to make a little game out of it. Has anyone else ever done anything like this?
ph4nt0m
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Exploiting my own system

Post by godofcereal on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:41 pm
([msg=26025]see Re: Exploiting my own system[/msg])

A friend of mine did it in college with his class. He said that the ISP didnt mind since any damage caused the class would pay for it, but the server they used was old enough.
Your ISP should have little problem if any.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Re: Exploiting my own system

Post by ph4nt0m on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:15 pm
([msg=26026]see Re: Exploiting my own system[/msg])

Thanks, It's going to be kind of fun. I just installed Win2k on an old dell just to mess around with. It's so funny how exploitable it is. Of course I'm just using scripts that were written by people that have much more talent than I ever will.. but I'd like to learn to write my own shellcode.
ph4nt0m
New User
New User

Return to Web