More Realistic Missions

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

More Realistic Missions

Post by roeby on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:34 pm
([msg=25959]see More Realistic Missions[/msg])

Hi all,

Completely new to all of this - I recently broke my arm so decided I'd learn something useful.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone knew of a site other than HTS or HVS which provides missions / a sandbox experience like the 'realistic' missions - I haven't completed them all on HTS but I'd like to have more to attempt in addition to those above. If not, what's the best way for me to learn? I've thought of setting up my own sites with deliberate loopholes in security to play with but the problem is I would already know how to 'win', since I'd set them up in the first place.

Do any of you guys have a 'playground' website which you host for anything like this? I mean, I'm happy to stay with HTS if that's all there is. It's very comprehensive, but is there anything more out there in the same 'genre'?

Apologies for my waffling way,

R
roeby
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: More Realistic Missions

Post by Tentra on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:50 am
([msg=25964]see Re: More Realistic Missions[/msg])

You might want to check out HellBound Hackers.
Tentra
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:51 am
([msg=25967]see Re: More Realistic Missions[/msg])

Tentra wrote:You might want to check out HellBound Hackers.

HBH have difficult realistics but their basics are better than ours. At HTS we are friendly and rarely flame when you ask a question. With HBH I remember one of my first questions I got flamed silly by some guy. Community wise is here, HBH have had trouble in the past with admins and users. Still, go there and learn, its no doubt a good site just has a few bugs...
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by roeby on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:16 am
([msg=25968]see Re: More Realistic Missions[/msg])

Thanks guys!

As I said I've only been learning for a short while but I'd already consider HTS my 'home room' in a schooly kind of way. I'm sure the missions on HBH will be useful but since I started on HTS I won't go far from it :)
roeby
New User
New User

Return to Web