Need help accessing information.

Discuss the many weaknesses of browser security and ways to mitigate the threat

Need help accessing information.

Post by DataCloud on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:32 pm
([msg=79158]see Need help accessing information.[/msg])

Hello everyone. :)
I recently came across the fact that my girlfriend has a private Tumblr blog that is password protected. I need that password. I know this sounds pretty low, but I'm at my last resort, believe me. She uses this blog as a sort of online journal. There is most likely some sensitive information on there. I have a really bad feeling about this, and I just need proof or reassurance.

Our relationship has been under serious strain lately and I need to just read the blog, not even access the ability to edit it or change anything about it. I just need the password that allows me to view it, like a normal blog. (It's different from an account password. It's simply just a password to access the page itself, not the account.)

I've tried talking to her numerous times, but it still feels wrong. I need to trust my gut on this. If anybody can help me access this information or even teach me how to do it myself, I will be eternally grateful. Thank you.
DataCloud
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Need help accessing information.

Post by Goatboy on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:59 pm
([msg=79159]see Re: Need help accessing information.[/msg])

This is not going to happen.

Instead of flaming you and calling you a fucking idiot for asking us to do something illegal for you when we clearly state

Disclaimer :
HackThisSite does not support illegal activities.

on every page, I am going to give you some personal advice:

Let it go.

If you don't trust her now, you never will. First it will be tumblr, where all sorts of drama goes down. Then you will start to wonder about her facebook. Then email. Then before you know it you wanna root her phone and have all text messages forwarded to you. I've been there, and after a while of doxing people close to you... you start to feel like the shitty person you are.

Just talk to her. This is not a problem that technology can solve. This can only be tackled by being open and honest about how you feel. I know it sounds lame and whatever, it is. But believe me when I say you are either going to find something that will hurt, or you will find nothing and that will hurt more. God forbid she finds out you read her journal.

It hurts to admit it, but she might not be the one for you. Or maybe you're not right for her. Maybe you're so self-conscious that you will never feel secure with anyone. That happens, but there's not a hack in the world that can change who you are.

Trust me. This is not a path you want to go down.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by DataCloud on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:13 pm
([msg=79160]see Re: Need help accessing information.[/msg])

Thanks for not being an asshole.
I appreciate the advice. And I didn't realize it was illegal... guess that just proves I'm going a little nuts, eh?
Sorry about the post not following the rules.
DataCloud
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:17 pm
([msg=79161]see Re: Need help accessing information.[/msg])

DataCloud wrote:Thanks for not being an asshole.

You cannot begin to understand how rare that is for me.

DataCloud wrote:I appreciate the advice. And I didn't realize it was illegal... guess that just proves I'm going a little nuts, eh?

That's the scary part: morals are the first thing to go when jealousy and suspicion move in next door. At least you recognized it.

Call her right now and tell her you love her. Anything beyond that is on you.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Return to Web