My DOH! moment

General technological topics without their own forum go here

My DOH! moment

Post by othello58 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:53 pm
([msg=74431]see My DOH! moment[/msg])

Hello fellow hackers. this is just something i thought i needed to share, if its in the wrong spot feel free to move it whoever has that ability.
so i got stuck on basic mission 5 so i figure i would take a break and jump to realistic mission 1, sounds easy but i made it harder on my self than it actually is. after excepting the mission my first thought was to edit the html text to get the renagade group at the top, i was copy and pasting all over the place only to find out that that didn't work. for some reason editing the rating and clicking vote didnt come to mind. well after doing the same thing for and hour i got frustrated and went to youtube to find out how the hell to do this mission. i felt like a complete dumb ass when i found out. maybe i should finish with the basic missions before i jump to something slightly more difficult. either way i got a good laugh out of my own do'h! moment.
anyone else have these?
Why didn't I think of that.
othello58
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: My DOH! moment

Post by WallShadow on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:29 pm
([msg=74433]see Re: My DOH! moment[/msg])

Occasionally while programming, I'll have such a moment where i make a function A() and does <something>, and then after a few moments, for whatever reason, I assume that it does <something else> instead of <something>. Then I end up digging for an hour through my code wondering why it doesn't work, still assuming that it does <something else>. Upon realizing that it actually does <something>, I quickly fix it, stare blindly at the blinking lcd screen, then go to bed and rethink my life.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Re: My DOH! moment

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:20 pm
([msg=74445]see Re: My DOH! moment[/msg])

For stuff like that I use comments to explain to myself or remind me of what something is doing or will do if it's not obvious to save time from going through it again.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to General