internet browsing history recovery?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

internet browsing history recovery?

Post by mookalovesgloop on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:12 pm
([msg=74428]see internet browsing history recovery?[/msg])

peace

i'll try to keep it short and sweet...i was wondering whether there is any way to recover your browser history once you've deleted it from the browser. i usually use a nifty little keylogger for that kind of thing, but recently i've been thinking about removing it/disabling it for a while. is there any other fairly easy way to get the info back?

hotep
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: internet browsing history recovery?

Post by WallShadow on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:38 pm
([msg=74434]see Re: internet browsing history recovery?[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:peace

i'll try to keep it short and sweet...i was wondering whether there is any way to recover your browser history once you've deleted it from the browser. i usually use a nifty little keylogger for that kind of thing, but recently i've been thinking about removing it/disabling it for a while. is there any other fairly easy way to get the info back?

hotep
mooka

well some specs would be nice (browser, OS, settings, etc.).

Assuming you use win, most browsers will store files from the internet in the TEMP directory, they will have random names and often will be deleted, but you can still use a file recovery system to run through and detect any files deleted by the browser after use and then just check manually what site is what.

Another solution that works X-platform is a browser plugin which simply records the sites you go to.

Also possible is a local-side proxy which you set your browser to use 24/7. That will record all traffic that goes through it, though it may have a problem with https traffic. maybe.

And as a final solution, a sniffer or firewall which records the sites you go to.

One of the simplest here would be a grease-monkey browser script, just make sure to clean off any cookie thieves if Ninjex makes it for you.

- WallShadow <3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to General