HTS Zine?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Re: HTS Zine?

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:07 pm
([msg=74382]see Re: HTS Zine?[/msg])

What do you think that HTS's former glory was? Was it this or this? Retrospection blindness can cause things to seem more awesome than they truly were, besides I think you have insulted most of the members here by trying to return HTS to its former glory. If you want to revert stuff to it's former glory pour nitric acid on your computer and let the elements be returned to their former glory. ( I do not actually suggest this) Otherwise, start talking about progression; the way in which you say things can have a big impact on the way people perceive them despite them being very close to the same thing.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by lucky 0xD on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:44 pm
([msg=74389]see Re: HTS Zine?[/msg])

The long and short of it is this: For as long as I have been coming here there have been derpsters derping, turning up promising the earth and then disappearing. If you're gonna do something do it, if not, try to refrain from spamming the shit out of the forums and focus on achieving whatever it is you want with considered and concise questions / comments. It makes reading the forums a much nicer experience for all of us. (There are more of us than the 10 or so people that regularly post you may be interested to know, and we all read the things you write and we all form our opinions based on those things.)
lucky 0xD
New User
New User

Post by KthProg on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 am
([msg=74424]see Re: HTS Zine?[/msg])

its presumed 'former glory'

Nitpicking my words.
Point is I'd like HTS to be as popular and as robust as it was at its prime.
I would consider that to include modernizing the site and improving or bringing back things that dont get much attention, like the Zine or the Redmine site etc.
Also a less dated Java IRC would be good.

Sending the Zine regularly to registered users on a mailing list would probably help there.
Embedding a different IRC wouldnt be (as far as I know) very difficult.
The only difficult thing might be reprogramming missions and IRC bots, if you even need to.

A simple improvement would be moving the navigation underneath the banner, and creating a modern left-aligned banner.

At least one of the things I've listed could be done in a day.
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Post by anarchy420x on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:06 pm
([msg=74447]see Re: HTS Zine?[/msg])

I apologize; I took the time to find a little information to help you. Alexa

I look forward to what you are going to bring us and a flashy new Java IRC would be awesome; what's your time frame? Need help building a newer IRC?
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by KthProg on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 pm
([msg=74450]see Re: HTS Zine?[/msg])

lol why would you make a new one?
HTS didn't even make the one they have now.
Some guy named Phillipe DeTourney did.
Also, when I get back from vacation I will actually put some time into at least attempting to redesign the navigation.

From what I can tell the problem is actually getting people to visit the site, not stay on it.
Strange statistics.

Hey Look An Image !
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Previous

Return to General