Top Ten Programs

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Re: Top Ten Programs

Post by zeriasis2 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:56 am
([msg=73166]see Re: Top Ten Programs[/msg])

Come on Linux Fan Boy just give me the real short sweet simple run down.
And don't say ok It's better than windows simple as that lol
zeriasis2
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by WallShadow on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:58 pm
([msg=73186]see Re: Top Ten Programs[/msg])

zeriasis2 wrote:Come on Linux Fan Boy just give me the real short sweet simple run down.

Watch your wording there, Windows fan boy.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:30 pm
([msg=73188]see Re: Top Ten Programs[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:
zeriasis2 wrote:Come on Linux Fan Boy just give me the real short sweet simple run down.

Watch your wording there, Windows fan boy.

I would have replied to his post, if he didn't use the phrase "real short sweet simple run down"; sounds just like a Windows user. I would be wasting my time.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:37 pm
([msg=73196]see Re: Top Ten Programs[/msg])

And don't say ok It's better than windows simple as that lol

Linux is a free OS that is much easier to customize than Windows. It's based off of Unix and was written by a guy named Linus Torvalds.

There are many more security tools written to be run on Linux than to be run on Windows. That's why many people here prefer Linux over Windows. Also, Linux is one of the most popular OSs for servers because it's awesome memory management that doesn't require a reboot everyday.

You find software development is much easier on a Linux platform then Windows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

-Ninjex- wrote:I would have replied to his post, if he didn't use the phrase "real short sweet simple run down"; sounds just like a Windows user. I would be wasting my time.

You should learn not to judge people based on the OS they use. I use and love Windows. It's a great OS. You shouldn't judge one based on such little evidence.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:44 pm
([msg=73198]see Re: Top Ten Programs[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:You should learn not to judge people based on the OS they use. I use and love Windows. It's a great OS. You shouldn't judge one based on such little evidence.

If you would be so kind to read my post again, I judged him from the way he asked me to give him the easiest quickest explanation. With that, I made the conclusion that he sounded like a Windows user. You, I guess are a Windows user, but you sound like a Linux user. There is a big difference. I quoted what I judged him from in that message.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:16 pm
([msg=73202]see Re: Top Ten Programs[/msg])

But just because he's a windows user you don't think he deserves a response? That's childish. What's wrong with asking for a quick run down on what Linux is? Telling someone to just install it without giving any reasoning is a dick move. Especially when you're talking about installing an entire OS.

-Ninjex- wrote:You, I guess are a Windows user, but you sound like a Linux user. There is a big difference.

No there isn't. Don't think that Linux users are somehow superior to "windows users."
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 pm
([msg=73203]see Re: Top Ten Programs[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:But just because he's a windows user you don't think he deserves a response? That's childish. What's wrong with asking for a quick run down on what Linux is? Telling someone to just install it without giving any reasoning is a dick move. Especially when you're talking about installing an entire OS.

-Ninjex- wrote:You, I guess are a Windows user, but you sound like a Linux user. There is a big difference.

No there isn't. Don't think that Linux users are somehow superior to "windows users."

Again, "real short sweet simple run down" this quote is why I didn't bother with my time responding.
What is wrong with asking for a quick rundown? Nothing is wrong with asking of course, but when you ask for something, you shouldn't tell the person how you want them to answer your question. I would have gladly of responded if he didn't just want something he could read three lines of, and be done with it. It's rude to ask for a lazy response, and that is what is childish.
It has nothing to do with the fact that he is a Windows user.
Windows could be referred to as the "lazy or easy os".
If you was to compare every person that preferred Linux to every user that prefers Windows, I can assure you would see the drastic difference in their knowledge base of computers.
Not every user that is on Windows is an idiot, but there are more idiots on Windows than Linux. Just like everyone will profile people based on environments, races, etc, whether they know it or not... I'm not saying I am racists to towards Windows, I am just drawing a conclusion about Windows users based on the evidence.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:12 pm
([msg=73205]see Re: Top Ten Programs[/msg])

He asked for it to be explained that way because the first time you said no and told hin to install a whole fucking operatin
Being biased over something as dumb as an operating system is not what HTS is about. We're here to teach amd enlighten people on computing, specifically security.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by KthProg on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:39 pm
([msg=73208]see Re: Top Ten Programs[/msg])

Visual Studio (VB,C#,C++)
XNA Framework Programs
Mail App
Notepad (Seriously)
Excel (Seriously)
Halo CE
ZipLite
VisualTrace
Command Prompt (Seriously)
GIMP 2
Not necessarily in that order
..god im mainstream lol
so much that it hurts lol
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:41 pm
([msg=73209]see Re: Top Ten Programs[/msg])

I am biased over an operating system and everyone here probably is. Each person has differences in what they do and do not like, which leads them to a choice of what they like as their primary os.

Anyways, this is way OT, and you should use your mod privileges and throw this onto the debate section and rename it "The dumbest debate on hts", I probably wont take any further part in it though.

I guess I should just find somewhere else to spend my time, since I don't spoon feed info.
Also, I never signed up to be a teacher; I'm not running around with a neon light blue name; am I right?
When I do give advice and "teach", I do it when I want to, and usually for the people that actually want to learn.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to General