System partition problems

General technological topics without their own forum go here

System partition problems

Post by deathwillcome800 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:11 pm
([msg=72801]see System partition problems[/msg])

I got a bit of a problem. I accidentally deleted my windows 8 partition meaning to delete a non used windows 7 setup partition. I already tryed to boot a partition maker and everything and for some reason my laptop has usb boot and it doesnt boot so im out of that and that I have no os to boot off of idk what to do? plz help me and I have googled for 2 days and still no help. If you can find it in google i must of looked up the wrong thing lol. thank you for reading X)
Dont dis the noobs you where 1 of them before
deathwillcome800
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: System partition problems

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:36 pm
([msg=72803]see Re: System partition problems[/msg])

deathwillcome800 wrote:I got a bit of a problem. I accidentally deleted my windows 8 partition meaning to delete a non used windows 7 setup partition. I already tryed to boot a partition maker and everything and for some reason my laptop has usb boot and it doesnt boot so im out of that and that I have no os to boot off of idk what to do? plz help me and I have googled for 2 days and still no help. If you can find it in google i must of looked up the wrong thing lol. thank you for reading X)

I am pretty familiar in this stuff, please explain a bit better.. This is what I need you to further explain...

" my laptop has usb boot and it doesnt boot so im out of that and that I have no os to boot off of"

Are you saying that there are no bootable partitions on your machine and that you can not boot up via USB?

"I already tryed to boot a parition maker"

Do you mean a partition recovery tool? (If not, what tool are you using?)

Can you get into your BIOS menu and check your boot menu options?
Your post has me somewhat confused, sorry...
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by deathwillcome800 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm
([msg=72804]see Re: System partition problems[/msg])

I have been to the bios and and set it to boot off usb and partition recovery ammm..... I cant remeber but can you recomend one to me.
there is usb boot but when i put a bootable software on it, it will not boot so yea :/
deathwillcome800
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:05 pm
([msg=72806]see Re: System partition problems[/msg])

deathwillcome800 wrote:I have been to the bios and and set it to boot off usb and partition recovery ammm..... I cant remeber but can you recomend one to me.
there is usb boot but when i put a bootable software on it, it will not boot so yea :/

I would recommend using Easeus Partition Recovery to try and recover your partition.

If it's not booting via USB either the bootable content is corrupt or you may have something corrupt in your bios or a hardware problem.

Try setting it to boot via CD and burn whatever you need to the CD instead of using a USB, see if you still have issues.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by deathwillcome800 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:11 pm
([msg=72809]see Re: System partition problems[/msg])

I still have the same prob with cds it dosent boot it up it just goes straight to windows boot manager where windows 7 corrupt where i cant load and a windows8 which doesnt do anything :/
the windows8 partition I created a while back for no reason lol

I think i would put my harddrive into someones laptop which would allow boot off of usb/cd and see what happends then
deathwillcome800
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:29 pm
([msg=72811]see Re: System partition problems[/msg])

deathwillcome800 wrote:I still have the same prob with cds it dosent boot it up it just goes straight to windows boot manager where windows 7 corrupt where i cant load and a windows8 which doesnt do anything :/
the windows8 partition I created a while back for no reason lol

I think i would put my harddrive into someones laptop which would allow boot off of usb/cd and see what happends then

Yeah, sounds like either a corrupt BIOS, or hardware issue :cry:
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by deathwillcome800 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 pm
([msg=72813]see Re: System partition problems[/msg])

What do you think I should do :/ I never had any problems like this before :<
deathwillcome800
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 pm
([msg=72815]see Re: System partition problems[/msg])

deathwillcome800 wrote:What do you think I should do :/ I never had any problems like this before :<

Can you tell me what exactly happens when you try to boot from USB/CD... Does it try to boot from it at all, or just skip the process completly. If you can boot from it, try and get a PloP iso file onto a CD/Floppy... If that fails, I can only hope you have a warranty...
Keep in mind next time to always keep backups of your system before partitioning anything...
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:42 pm
([msg=72819]see Re: System partition problems[/msg])

I would try hirens boot cd and use one of the partition recovery tools. It has worked many times for me. Also as soon as your pc starts try hitting F12 and then picking boot from cd, or set the primary boot device to your cd-rom.

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 pm
([msg=72821]see Re: System partition problems[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:I would try hirens boot cd and use one of the partition recovery tools. It has worked many times for me. Also as soon as your pc starts try hitting F12 and then picking boot from cd, or set the primary boot device to your cd-rom.

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

He says he has tried setting his machine to boot up from USB/CD from BIOS already, and it is not working...
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to General