Mixed Messages

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Mixed Messages

Post by Drizna on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:35 am
([msg=72699]see Mixed Messages[/msg])

I know stupid post to make, but did anyone ever notice that the name of the site is hackthissite.org, but one of the bylaws is to not try to hack this site? O.o
Drizna
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mixed Messages

Post by -Ninjex- on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:50 am
([msg=72700]see Re: Mixed Messages[/msg])

Drizna wrote:I know stupid post to make, but did anyone ever notice that the name of the site is hackthissite.org, but one of the bylaws is to not try to hack this site? O.o

Look at the last realistic challenge

https://www.hackthissite.org/missions/realistic/

HERE
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Drizna on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 am
([msg=72702]see Re: Mixed Messages[/msg])

LOL. That's awesome, and funny. This is really cool, but at the same time I wonder if someone is successful, what else do they have to look forward to afterwards?
Drizna
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by -Ninjex- on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:15 am
([msg=72703]see Re: Mixed Messages[/msg])

Drizna wrote:LOL. That's awesome, and funny. This is really cool, but at the same time I wonder if someone is successful, what else do they have to look forward to afterwards?

To find another way to hack the site. When you hack into something, it makes the developer patch it. The beauty of hacking is to keep doing this. It is what makes technology advance and new ideas emerge.

i.e. When I was 14, I was working with application developers on MySpace and Facebook such as Mobsters and Mafia Wars, and others. I started buyng negative property and it would give me cash in the game. I then sold my negative property, and it gave me even more money, this was a clear flaw. I told the dev, and they filtered it to where you could not buy negative property. I thought about a way around it, and then bought around 1,000 of each property and tried selling 0.001 at a time. This worked and gave me the money that was equivalent to 1 piece of property. So by doing this, you could easily make free cash on the game.

So basically, never give up and keep looking at way around the patches and the system.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Drizna on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:23 am
([msg=72704]see Re: Mixed Messages[/msg])

Dude I tried to print the source code for the site to read it, crashed my browser. Challenge accepted, that makes me want to get in even more now. I loled so hard, even shut my printer off. :) That is so cool.
Drizna
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by -Ninjex- on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:27 am
([msg=72705]see Re: Mixed Messages[/msg])

Drizna wrote:Dude I tried to print the source code for the site to read it, crashed my browser. Challenge accepted, that makes me want to get in even more now. I loled so hard, even shut my printer off. :) That is so cool.

I don't know what you meant by printing the source code, I think you are doing something wrong. You can hit Cntrl+U to view the source. You may also hit Cntrl+S to save it to your computer and view it from there, as some hidden information can be seen this way sometimes.

https://www.hackthissite.org/hof

The link above may help you by footprinting to see some of the common attacks already found, and patched.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Drizna on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:30 am
([msg=72706]see Re: Mixed Messages[/msg])

In firefox when viewing the source code there is a file, and print option. Works on most sites that don't have the code protected. Here it failed. First time. :)
Drizna
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by -Ninjex- on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:33 am
([msg=72707]see Re: Mixed Messages[/msg])

Drizna wrote:In firefox when viewing the source code there is a file, and print option. Works on most sites that don't have the code protected. Here it failed. First time. :)

I see, you are actually trying to print it haha. Just save it to your computer and print from there.

I thought you meant something along the lines of printing to a console, with programming in C or Python such as: printf() or the print() functions.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Drizna on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 pm
([msg=72907]see Re: Mixed Messages[/msg])

Score! BM6 down. So easy to miscalculate. *shrugs*
Drizna
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mShred on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm
([msg=72912]see Re: Mixed Messages[/msg])

Ha I'm glad to see someone is excited about the missions. As should everyone else that comes here..

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Next

Return to General