Hacker Refferal

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Hacker Refferal

Post by 314159265hi on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:51 pm
([msg=72639]see Hacker Refferal[/msg])

idont know if i'll get banned for making a newfaggy post like this but here i go:
anyone know some legit hacker referral, whether it be a full site, or some underground shit. I plan on picking up the trade but it at times seems overwhelming. So in time, im looking for either a group or just a single skilled hacker that i could get in contact with without the usual anonymous rejection.if it matters, i'll probably try to stray away from the strictly ethical folks as they would love to crucify a newbie with bash intentions. let me know what hts has to offer
thanks
314159265hi
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hacker Refferal

Post by 0phidian on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:13 pm
([msg=72640]see Re: Hacker Refferal[/msg])

I doubt you'll find a full blown mentor that would actually take the time to sit down and teach you everything they know. Hacking is about exploring and figuring stuff out on your own. Hacking isnt just something that can be picked up it takes years of deication to learning, much of which is self taught through exploration and research. If you have any specific questions that you werent just too lazy to google, then we would be happy to help you with that. As far as ethics we have sort of a dont ask, dont tell policy. What you do is your buissness, just dont post anything potentially illegal on a public forum(common sense).
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 pm
([msg=72644]see Re: Hacker Refferal[/msg])

0phidian wrote:I doubt you'll find a full blown mentor that would actually take the time to sit down and teach you everything they know. Hacking is about exploring and figuring stuff out on your own. Hacking isnt just something that can be picked up it takes years of deication to learning, much of which is self taught through exploration and research. If you have any specific questions that you werent just too lazy to google, then we would be happy to help you with that. As far as ethics we have sort of a dont ask, dont tell policy. What you do is your buissness, just dont post anything potentially illegal on a public forum(common sense).

This^

No one is going to take you under their wing and teach you stuff just because you ask and don't want to take the time to learn yourself.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by limdis on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 pm
([msg=72645]see Re: Hacker Refferal[/msg])

I'll put it like this. We (and not just HTS, many hacker friendly places) see a lot of "newbies" join up and talk a lot of big game saying they are going to be serious about learning and would like some assistance or someone to show them something; and sometimes even try to pal up with someone to "learn together." Normally I try to be friendly across the board to new members but I'm going to just being honest here. We see that crap a lot and anyone who makes their first presence known with any of the above related subjects I automatically care very little about helping them out. Why? They have already failed. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing. No I don't mean by just hacking. I mean by they have no idea what they are doing with a computer at all. Hacking is not the first thing to learn. It's more like tier 3 and above. If you can't troubleshoot or make any sort of progress on your own why am I going to waste my time on you?

You want a good reference and/or people willing to discuss things with you? Show that you have some level of competence first. HTS is great place to to get your feet wet. But our senior/skilled members aren't going to spend a lot of time on just every new guy joe that comes in here asking where to learn to hack when they are already on a site that has hacking challenges...
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:00 pm
([msg=72649]see Re: Hacker Refferal[/msg])

limdis wrote:I'll put it like this. We (and not just HTS, many hacker friendly places) see a lot of "newbies" join up and talk a lot of big game saying they are going to be serious about learning and would like some assistance or someone to show them something; and sometimes even try to pal up with someone to "learn together." Normally I try to be friendly across the board to new members but I'm going to just being honest here. We see that crap a lot and anyone who makes their first presence known with any of the above related subjects I automatically care very little about helping them out. Why? They have already failed. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing. No I don't mean by just hacking. I mean by they have no idea what they are doing with a computer at all. Hacking is not the first thing to learn. It's more like tier 3 and above. If you can't troubleshoot or make any sort of progress on your own why am I going to waste my time on you?

You want a good reference and/or people willing to discuss things with you? Show that you have some level of competence first. HTS is great place to to get your feet wet. But our senior/skilled members aren't going to spend a lot of time on just every new guy joe that comes in here asking where to learn to hack when they are already on a site that has hacking challenges...

IAWTP
We radically get so many new people in here with that very question, that I think we need to make a post on every category stickied in all bold "WHERE DO I BEGIN, I AM A BEGINNER"
But seriously, to the OP if you really want to learn, I suggest to you to look at a Linux system such as BackTrack5 and study up on it.

Some time tonight I will make a topic about where to start for begginers. Not the typical how to start to complete the challenges on this site, but more of a general sense all around.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Return to General