How to Bypass Webpage Blocker on Server?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

How to Bypass Webpage Blocker on Server?

Post by kenizl_86 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm
([msg=72533]see How to Bypass Webpage Blocker on Server?[/msg])

I need some help bypassing a weblocker that's run on a remote (?) server. Whenever someone connects to the server (wifi, or wired) the blocker runs in the background. At first I thought it was only on the computers that were set up for the server for use with the general public, but when I conected with my wifi on my iPod and still the weblocker blocked pages; I figured that it must be loaded on the server. Now, I'm somewhat of a newbie (so please don't use PenTest jargon or yell at me for asking the wrong question), but is there any way at all to bypass it or block it from temporarily getting loaded onto the comp by way of CMD (the comps run Windows XP) or from Terminal on a boot CD? Thanks for any info!
kenizl_86
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How to Bypass Webpage Blocker on Server?

Post by WallShadow on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:27 am
([msg=72544]see Re: How to Bypass Webpage Blocker on Server?[/msg])

Easy, just kill the blocking script. If you have admin access, it's as easy as 'taskkill /F /IM "MY_STUPID_BLOCKER.exe"' if you don't have admin access, then you need to see if you can kill it using only user credentials. Perhaps your browser is configured to pipe all browsing through that specific process so you may want to try just changing the proxy settings yourself (look up how to do that on google, every browser is different).
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:48 pm
([msg=72609]see Re: How to Bypass Webpage Blocker on Server?[/msg])

Can you get us a screen shot of the block?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by kenizl_86 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:54 pm
([msg=72647]see Re: How to Bypass Webpage Blocker on Server?[/msg])

I'll get a screenshot as soon as possible.

So, does that mean I have to login as an Admin, or just run CMD as Admin?

In digging around, I was able to find out the developer of the weblocker (which I will also post with the screenshot).

Also, the things you said kinda went just a little over my head (about piping it through and whatnot). I understand what piping is, but not in the way you said it. I'm not trying to sound stupid or anything, but I'm just new to this kinda thing. So if you could expound upon the things you said, I would be most greatful.

-- Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:00 pm --

Also, how can I list the processes running with CMD (the Admin disabled TaskManager)?

On that last note, could TaskManager be enabled too?

Thanks for any help!
kenizl_86
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:23 pm
([msg=72657]see Re: How to Bypass Webpage Blocker on Server?[/msg])

I'm not a guru on windows, but can't you run the command "tree" on the windows CMD and it will list all running processes?
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by WallShadow on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:16 am
([msg=72658]see Re: How to Bypass Webpage Blocker on Server?[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:I'm not a guru on windows, but can't you run the command "tree" on the windows CMD and it will list all running processes?

No. tree lists directories and files recursively. to list all running processes, you would use simply use the 'tasklist' command. if it's a more complicated blocking process running as a service, then you would use 'tasklist /svc' to list all processes with their services, and to get more information about services, you would use 'sc query' or 'sc queryex', or 'sc queryex <nameofservice>' to limit it to a specific service. From an IT standpoint, services would be better as they require admin privs to start/stop, can be started automatically, and can easily be set to shutdown the computer in case the service fails.

Hmm, anyone ever make a windows program that records who sent an exit command to it? Seems like it would be something useful against worms and in this type of situation.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Return to General