Hacker? or Lawyers?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Hacker? or Lawyers?

Post by D_Maverick on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:55 am
([msg=72405]see Hacker? or Lawyers?[/msg])

OK, so I'm new here, so firstly i would like to say hello!

To the point though...

Lets say some one had information or content on their website which was damaging to ones profile.

You knew you could seek legal advice to get it removed, however this may not be the most time/cost effective.

Your' second option is to get a hacker to remove this content or whatever happens in teh digital hacking world.

What has a higher price or effort factor involved?
D_Maverick
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hacker? or Lawyers?

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:58 am
([msg=72408]see Re: Hacker? or Lawyers?[/msg])

Getting a hacker to do it would be illegal, risky, costly, and not fool proof. So a lawyer would be the best option.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by centip3de on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:00 pm
([msg=72419]see Re: Hacker? or Lawyers?[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Getting a hacker to do it would be illegal, risky, costly, and not fool proof. So a lawyer would be the best option.

If you take away the illegal aspect of it, it's the same as being a lawyer.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by memoric on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:42 pm
([msg=72424]see Re: Hacker? or Lawyers?[/msg])

D_Maverick wrote:OK, so I'm new here, so firstly i would like to say hello!

Hello! :)

D_Maverick wrote:To the point though...
Lets say some one had information or content on their website which was damaging to ones profile.
You knew you could seek legal advice to get it removed, however this may not be the most time/cost effective.
Your' second option is to get a hacker to remove this content or whatever happens in teh digital hacking world.
What has a higher price or effort factor involved?

Or you can just ask them to remove such info.
May the Force be with me...
memoric
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:44 am
([msg=72435]see Re: Hacker? or Lawyers?[/msg])

If just asking was going to work I don't think he'd need a lawyer or hacker. Also, a lawyer might be costly but hiring a hacker would probably cost near as much.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by pancakesForDinner on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:28 pm
([msg=78302]see Re: Hacker? or Lawyers?[/msg])

is there any way to fight against sites that do not remove your name from their sites such as people search sites?

I was thinking about just searching for the employees of the company and calling their personal phones or emails because no one from the "contact" page of the site is responding to either phone or email.

specifically, i've been trying to get my name off of dis one site unsuccessfully after several attempts for a while now.
pancakesForDinner
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:12 pm
([msg=78303]see Re: Hacker? or Lawyers?[/msg])

First off, please make another thread next time rather than bringing back an already dead one.

On topic, however...

pancakesForDinner wrote:is there any way to fight against sites that do not remove your name from their sites such as people search sites?

To fight against it? Sure, there's lots of ways. To fight against it legally? You might want to talk to a lawyer about that.

pancakesForDinner wrote:I was thinking about just searching for the employees of the company and calling their personal phones or emails because no one from the "contact" page of the site is responding to either phone or email.

Probably not the best idea, as this could be easily misconstrued as harassment and get you in legally trouble.

pancakesForDinner wrote:specifically, i've been trying to get my name off of radaris.com unsuccessfully after several attempts for a while now.

Their business is to find people, or to have information on as many people as possible; I doubt you'll be able to get them to remove your information easily.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to General