USB password cracker

General technological topics without their own forum go here

USB password cracker

Post by jeonews on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 am
([msg=72295]see USB password cracker[/msg])

Hello guys......!
many time i have seen hackers in Hollywood movies use a USB to unlock a computer which is password protected. in other words they use a USB having some sort of software which enables them to access a computer without knowing the login details such as user name and passwords etc. examples of these movies are iron man and "MI, ghost protocol"(Tom crouise uses a USB to login into the server in "Burj khalifa" ). i have search it on internet but could not fiend useful info. my question is there any thing exists like this? can we do this? i mean just plug in USB and u have done.....is there such kind of software avilable?
jeonews
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: USB password cracker

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:26 am
([msg=72298]see Re: USB password cracker[/msg])

jeonews wrote:Hello guys......!
many time i have seen hackers in Hollywood movies use a USB to unlock a computer which is password protected. in other words they use a USB having some sort of software which enables them to access a computer without knowing the login details such as user name and passwords etc. examples of these movies are iron man and "MI, ghost protocol"(Tom crouise uses a USB to login into the server in "Burj khalifa" ). i have search it on internet but could not fiend useful info. my question is there any thing exists like this? can we do this? i mean just plug in USB and u have done.....is there such kind of software avilable?

Not one that you can just plug in and wala, you are passed all the security measure (That I know of)
There is however software that you can place on a usb such as Ophcrack that will allow you to do dictionary attacks on the sam file upon other attacks.
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by illusion_ on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:40 pm
([msg=72301]see Re: USB password cracker[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:Not one that you can just plug in and wala, you are passed all the security measure (That I know of)
There is however software that you can place on a usb such as Ophcrack that will allow you to do dictionary attacks on the sam file upon other attacks.

If I remember, it uses rainbow tables by default, but I'm sure a dictionary attack is possible
illusion_
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:09 pm
([msg=72307]see Re: USB password cracker[/msg])

illusion_ wrote:
-Ninjex- wrote:Not one that you can just plug in and wala, you are passed all the security measure (That I know of)

If I remember, it uses rainbow tables by default, but I'm sure a dictionary attack is possible

Yes, it could use both. The only difference between a rainbow and a dictionary attack, is the way the words are stored inside the wordlist. In a rainbow table, the hashes are compressed as to keep more space, allowing for a bigger and faster wordlist. As where a dictionary attack would be a wordlist, uncompressed, and tries every possible value. It just depends on how you want to go about your attack and your wordlist of choice.
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:04 am
([msg=72310]see Re: USB password cracker[/msg])

Someone a little while back found an exploit that allowed them to plug in a USB drive and it would then reset the password hash in memory so that you could gain access to the computer/user without knowing their password. When the computer restarts it would still have the original password too. I can't find a link to it or what it's called unfortunately.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by raju2k84 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:12 am
([msg=76654]see Re: USB password cracker[/msg])

http://www.appgeeker.com/guide/reset-windows-7-password.html

here is something that you can use to reset the password.
raju2k84
New User
New User

Return to General