USB password cracker

General technological topics without their own forum go here

USB password cracker

Post by jeonews on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 am
([msg=72295]see USB password cracker[/msg])

Hello guys......!
many time i have seen hackers in Hollywood movies use a USB to unlock a computer which is password protected. in other words they use a USB having some sort of software which enables them to access a computer without knowing the login details such as user name and passwords etc. examples of these movies are iron man and "MI, ghost protocol"(Tom crouise uses a USB to login into the server in "Burj khalifa" ). i have search it on internet but could not fiend useful info. my question is there any thing exists like this? can we do this? i mean just plug in USB and u have done.....is there such kind of software avilable?
jeonews
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: USB password cracker

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:26 am
([msg=72298]see Re: USB password cracker[/msg])

jeonews wrote:Hello guys......!
many time i have seen hackers in Hollywood movies use a USB to unlock a computer which is password protected. in other words they use a USB having some sort of software which enables them to access a computer without knowing the login details such as user name and passwords etc. examples of these movies are iron man and "MI, ghost protocol"(Tom crouise uses a USB to login into the server in "Burj khalifa" ). i have search it on internet but could not fiend useful info. my question is there any thing exists like this? can we do this? i mean just plug in USB and u have done.....is there such kind of software avilable?

Not one that you can just plug in and wala, you are passed all the security measure (That I know of)
There is however software that you can place on a usb such as Ophcrack that will allow you to do dictionary attacks on the sam file upon other attacks.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by illusion_ on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:40 pm
([msg=72301]see Re: USB password cracker[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:Not one that you can just plug in and wala, you are passed all the security measure (That I know of)
There is however software that you can place on a usb such as Ophcrack that will allow you to do dictionary attacks on the sam file upon other attacks.

If I remember, it uses rainbow tables by default, but I'm sure a dictionary attack is possible
illusion_
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:09 pm
([msg=72307]see Re: USB password cracker[/msg])

illusion_ wrote:
-Ninjex- wrote:Not one that you can just plug in and wala, you are passed all the security measure (That I know of)

If I remember, it uses rainbow tables by default, but I'm sure a dictionary attack is possible

Yes, it could use both. The only difference between a rainbow and a dictionary attack, is the way the words are stored inside the wordlist. In a rainbow table, the hashes are compressed as to keep more space, allowing for a bigger and faster wordlist. As where a dictionary attack would be a wordlist, uncompressed, and tries every possible value. It just depends on how you want to go about your attack and your wordlist of choice.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:04 am
([msg=72310]see Re: USB password cracker[/msg])

Someone a little while back found an exploit that allowed them to plug in a USB drive and it would then reset the password hash in memory so that you could gain access to the computer/user without knowing their password. When the computer restarts it would still have the original password too. I can't find a link to it or what it's called unfortunately.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by raju2k84 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:12 am
([msg=76654]see Re: USB password cracker[/msg])

http://www.appgeeker.com/guide/reset-windows-7-password.html

here is something that you can use to reset the password.
raju2k84
New User
New User

Return to General